111-year old tire brand sets its sights on the North American market
The Vredestein brand name has been synonymous with tires for 111 years, but never before in North America. The company is now entering the marketplace with a lineup of tires designed and developed specifically for North American roads and drivers.
The lineup is the result of a $30 million research and development effort.
"We learned that today's drivers place a greater premium on tire-performance versatility than ever before," said Abhishek Bisht, Assistant Vice President for Americas, Apollo Tyres Ltd., Vredestein's parent company. "In North America, we found that the customers want, and expect to feel, supreme confidence across the wide range of road surfaces, conditions and climates they are likely to encounter during their travels."
Six varieties of Vredestein tires are currently available or coming soon to retailers across the U.S.Photo courtesy of Vredestein
The Vredestein passenger tires currently available of coming soon to retailers in the U.S. and Canada includes:
- Hypertrac - Vredestein's all-new all-season ultra-high-performance (UHP) tire is designed to offer superb performance on both wet and dry road surfaces for drivers of premium sport sedans, coupes, and SUVs.
- Quatrac Pro - Vredestein's innovative UHP all-weather tire offers drivers a single solution that delivers excellent performance for cars and crossovers year-round, including the challenging winter months that many drivers in this market experience.
- Wintrac Pro - Vredestein's dedicated winter UHP tire is developed for drivers who do not want to compromise on performance and handling, even in the harshest, coldest, and snowiest winter climates.
- Ultrac Vorti - Vredestein's flagship summer ultra-high-performance tire is the ultimate enthusiast's choice, designed by Giugiaro and developed for the world's greatest sports cars and supercars to unlock their maximum dynamic potential.
- Hitrac - Vredestein's all-new high-performance all-season tire is designed to invigorate the daily drive experience and unlock the full potential of North America's most popular mainstream sedans and crossovers while maintaining the quiet and comfort that makes the daily commute more pleasant.
- Pinza - Vredestein's first-ever dedicated truck and SUV tire line, launching in early 2021, is engineered to deliver the off-road capability expected of a premium all-terrain tire without the sacrifices many drivers are forced to accept as a trade-off. When it transitions from the trail to paved surfaces, Pinza offers unparalleled comfort and quiet operation, as well as excellent performance in wet and winter weather.
"We are, as crazy as it sounds, a new kid on the block, with 111-year old lineage," said Bisht. "We have a diverse and critically acclaimed tire lineup that's poised to make an immediate impact and resonate with North American drivers. We are excited to share our rich and continually evolving brand story with them. It's a century in the making, and yet, it's just a beginning."
The tires are currently available on TireRack.com and MavisTire.com among other online retail locations.