Pirelli adds next-gen Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II tires to catalogue
Tiremaker Pirelli is adding a new tire to its large catalogue of options for car owners. The fresh Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II tire was specifically designed for the North American touring market.
Pirelli's engineers also worked to improve wet handling and traction in ways that would not impact tread wear, winter conditions traction, noise, comfort, dry handling, and steering performance that was achieved in the last generation.
The new tire was engineered for buyers in North America.Photo courtesy of Pirelli
The new tires are part of Pirelli's new line of Plus products that have been better engineered to meet the requirements of North America's drivers. The Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II has a new tread compound and optimized footprint that improves the tire's performance on wet surfaces. Specifically, the tread has helped improve the stopping distance of the tire on wet ground.
Here's where they focused their efforts:
- New Compound - A new functionalized polymer and increased silica content forms the new tread compound, which can also be found on the recently released Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II. This new compound delivers improved stopping distance in the Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II as well as enhanced overall performance in wet traction, handling and braking while maintaining the previous generation's tread wear, winter traction, noise, comfort, dry handling and steering performance.
- Optimized Footprint - A five percent larger contact area and optimized shape improves overall wet performance, braking and handling over the previous generation.
- All Season Performance -The Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II is an extremely well-balanced tire that delivers high performance, low noise, and excellent handling.
The tire maker is covering each Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II shoe with a 70,000-mile limited tread wear warranty.
Pirelli's new tire is available in 30 sizes now ad a full 50-size range will be available in the coming months.
- Puma's new motorsports-inspired shoe conceived in partnership ... ›
- No, winter tires and snow tires aren't the same thing - AutomotiveMap ›
- When it's below 44 degrees, it's tires, not ice that's the biggest ... ›
- New Pirelli tires connect to the 5G network - AutomotiveMap ›