Yamaha Grand National Cross Country University drivers ed course opens for registration
Registration for the Yamaha Grand National Cross Country (GNCC) University is now open. The unique school allows off-road racers and riders to hone their skills with some of the best off-road racers of all time. Each master class highlights off-road racing fundamentals including sportsmanship, training, proper nutrition, and race preparation, along with hands-on technical riding instruction.
The event will return to Snowshoe Mountain Resort in West Virginia and be followed by a full weekend of racing. Dates for the event are September 23-25, 2020. Reservations are on a first-come, first-serve basis with 80 openings evenly split between ATV and motorcycle disciplines.
Photo courtesy of Yamaha
"Racing is back, Yamaha GNCC University registration is open, and the resilience of the Powersports industry was on display this past weekend as many appreciated the opportunity to get back outdoors and enjoy the sport we love while still respecting the space and wishes of fellow race fans," said Steve Nessl, Yamaha's Motorsports group marketing manager. "We celebrate podiums and championships at the end of a race day, but it is the time spent at the races on the whole that we take away as precious memories. That's why Yamaha GNCC University is such a special event, as it offers the next-generation of racers the opportunity to build not only memories, but also their race skill-set alongside past champions and legends of the sport."
ATV Classes will be led by:
- Johnny Gallagher, XC1 Pro ATV rider celebrating 26 years racing at a pro-level.
- Walker Fowler, five-time GNCC XC1 Pro ATV champion, and current undefeated series leader.
- Traci Pickens, 12-time WXC ATV champion.
- Mark Notman, retired Pro ATV racer and elite Walker Fowler Racing mechanic.
- Josh Merritt, XC1 Pro ATV racer.
Motorcycle classes will be led by:
- Randy Hawkins, seven-time AMA National Enduro champion and AmPro Yamaha Racing team owner.
- Jason Raines, five-time AMA National Hare Scramble champion.
- Layne Michael, XC1 Open Pro motorcycle rider.
- Michael Witkowski, XC2 250 Pro motorcycle rider.
- Becca Sheets, WXC motorcycle and undefeated class leader.
- Rachael Archer, WXC motorcycle rider.
Rider can register by calling the resort at 877-441-4386 or find more information online at GNCCRacing.com.