2021 Volkswagen ID.4 has 250-mile range confirmed by the EPA
The 2021 Volkswagen ID.4 will have an EPA-estimated 250-mile range. The estimate is for ID.4 1st Edition and Pro models. The EPA-estimated fuel economy for city driving is 104 MPGe; highway driving is rated at 89 MPGe, and combined city/highway at 97 MPGe. It will be VW's first long-range model sold in the U.S.
The ID.4 1st Edition and Pro will be the first models out of the gate for VW. They feature an 82 kilowatt-hour battery and a rear-mounted motor that produces 201 horsepower and 228 pound-feet of torque.
Volkswagen says that at a DC fast-charging station, with 125 kilowatt charging, the ID.4 can go from five to 80 percent charged in about 38 minutes. VW is providing three years of Electrify America fast charging with every ID.4 purchase at no additional cost. Electrify America is the nation's largest open DC fast charging network with more than 470 charging stations and over 2,000 DC fast chargers. Earlier this year the company completed its second cross-country charging route.
Based on calculations by Volskwagen using the EPA's cost allowances, it will cost $700 per year, on average, to fuel the ID.4 in the U.S. The company estimates that over five years owners will save $2,250 compared to the average new model.
The first ID.4s will be made overseas soon. VW will make the battery electric vehicle (BEV) in the U.S.A at VW's Chattanooga plant. The model will be made and go on sale in early 2021.
Pricing for the ID.4 starts at $39,995 for the ID.4 Pro. Buyers may qualify for a $7,500 federal tax credit. The limited-run ID.4 1st Edition, which sold out the day the vehicle was launched, carried an MSRP of $43,995.
Volkswagen has plans to release a 302-horsepower, electric all-wheel-drive variant of the ID.4 later in 2021. Range estimates for that model are forthcoming.
- VW partners with Electrify America to give ID.4 owners 3 years of ... ›
- Here's how to reserve your new Volkswagen ID.4 for $100 ... ›
- U.S.-made electric 2021 Volkswagen ID.4 bows with 250-mile range ... ›
- Volkswagen revives the spirit of the rare Mk4 Blue Lagoon GLI with new enthusiast model - AutomotiveMap ›
- Volkswagen tests its EV batteries 5,000 ways for safety and durability - AutomotiveMap ›
- New EPA testing confirms Volkswagen ID.4's 260-mile all-electric range - AutomotiveMap ›
- Volkswagen ID.4 to tackle Rebelle Rally - AutomotiveMap ›