Toyota expands technician training and education program to 8 new locations
Toyota Motor North America is expanding its Technician Training & Education Network (T-TEN) program to eight additional cities. The program already operates in 36 location as nationwide.
The T-TEN program partners with schools and organizations to offer students an opportunity to earn degrees and certificates, including an associate's degree, National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications, and Toyota and Lexus technician training certifications. These students can then go on to work at one of Toyota's 1,500 networked dealerships.
"Trained auto technicians are in great demand and are the key to any successful dealership," said Joseph Myers, technician development manager for the T-TEN program at TMNA. "We are grateful for the opportunity to expand the program's reach to eight new schools and organizations that not only fulfills our needs, but also provides stable jobs and career security that aims to give vehicle owners the most satisfying service experience possible."
These eight new locations are:
- Andrada Polytechnic High School, Tucson, Arizona
- Cherry Creek Innovation Center, Centennial, Colorado
- Collin College Technical Campus, Allen, Texas
- Contra Costa College, San Ramon, California
- Fresno City College, Fresno, California
- Hartnell College, Salinas, California
- Lincoln College of Technology, Columbia, Maryland
- Vehicles for Change, Baltimore, Maryland
The move comes as Toyota looks to fill its pipeline with well-trainer and certified technicians who are able to conduct hands-on automotive diagnosis and repair in an industry environment that is increasingly complicated by emerging technologies and evolving powertrains.
T-TEN technician training is available with different programs, degrees and certificate options, and the typical program length is two years. Once participants complete the program, they have the ability to apply for open service technician positions at Toyota or Lexus dealerships, or any automotive service operation, including independent service and repair shops.
- Volvo launches initiative to hire more U.S. military veterans to ... ›
- Volvo covering the cost of tools, training for new service techs ... ›
- Volkswagen investing $800 million, adding 1,000 jobs at Tennessee ... ›
- Volkswagen donates 12 Atlas SUVs to U.S. technical and trade schools - AutomotiveMap ›
- Toyota foundation provides grants for Wi-Fi, laptops, software licenses for students - AutomotiveMap ›