Super Bowl LIV
Toyota brings aliens, outlaws to its Super Bowl commercial starring Cobie Smulders
As Agent Maria Hill in the Marvel Comic Universe, across Cobie Smulders is familiar with strategizing against all kinds of foes. This year's Super Bowl advertisement pairs her up with the redesigned 2020 Toyota Highlander as she rescues a cast of characters from some of cinema's favorite films.
"This commercial truly highlights the all-new Highlander's incredible array of features, even greater capabilities and spacious interior," said Ed Laukes, group vice president, Toyota Marketing, Toyota Motor North America. "The spot's message of 'go wherever they need you' speaks to the adventurous spirit of Highlander and its ability to help drivers tap into their inner hero."
The spot features movie trailer-like intense music that was composed for the commercial and proves most memorable for the line, "That's not its mouth."
The spot, called "Heroes", which will appear in the first ad break of the fourth quarter, features the Highlander Platinum grade. It serves as the launching point of Toyota's new Highlander campaign.
"When Toyota approached me, I felt very flattered getting to play the hero in my first-ever Big Game commercial," said actress Cobie Smulders. "I'm a mom, and I love that I'm playing a mom in this ad. When I think of heroes, I think of women and moms – the toughest people out there – and to be able to represent that is a wonderful thing."
- Ranked: Top 15 vehicles owners keep for 15 years or longer ... ›
- 2020 Toyota Highlander gets completely redesigned but doesn't ... ›
- First Drive Review: Redesigned 2020 Toyota Highlander is friendlier ... ›
- Toyota Highlander Hybrid test drive shows model's practicality - AutomotiveMap ›
- Remember these? 10 best Nissan Heisman House commercials - AutomotiveMap ›
- Heres how to win a new car as part of the Volvo Safety Sunday promotion - AutomotiveMap ›
- 2021's Super Bowl LV car commercials and auto ads - AutomotiveMap ›