Annual FCA sustainability report shows reduced footprint, billions in investment
FCA has released its annual sustainability report revealing a significant reduction in environmental impact and billions of dollars in investments in the future. The goals of the company were designed to align with the United Nations 2030 Agenda.
In 2019, FCA reduced its water use by 40 percent, and carbon footprint by 27 percent, and waste generated by per vehicle.
Further, the company has made billions of dollars in investments in the global market. FCA has started an investment cycle of approximately $3.06 billion in Brazil to revitalize the Fiat and Jeep lineups with a new flex-fuel engine plant. When complete, the plant will be the largest powertrain hub for FCA in Latin America.
China is the home of the new Jeep Commander plug-in hybrid electric vehicle, the first electrified model in the Jeep family. The five-passenger vehicle is the first PHEV FCA has made for the Chinese market. It features a 13-kWh lithium-ion battery that allows for a maximum range of 70 kilometers on a full charge.
Italy, the historic home of the Fiat brand, is the recipient of approximately $5.44 billion in investment surrounding electrification. The Fiat 500 has be redesigned as an all-electric model for 2021.
Earlier this year, FCA committed to an electrified future for its Maserati brand starting with the next-gen Ghibli which was originally slated to debut later this year.
In the U.S., FCA has invested $4.5 billion to expand its facilities in Michigan and build a new state-of-the-art facility in Detroit that will open later this year and produce Jeep models. FCA has committed to adding 6,500 new jobs in Southeast Michigan.
In December 2019 FCA and PSA Group agreed to a $47 billion merger, joining together a portfolio of 13 different brands. U.S. President Donald Trump has named FCA CEO Mike Manley to the country's Great American Economic Revival Industry Groups as an influential resource for the direction of the restart of the U.S. economy post-pandemic.
- Fisker Ocean all-electric SUV makes official debut, priced at $37,500 ... ›
- Audi plans to cut CO2 emissions 30% by 2025 but there's a catch ... ›
- Polestar preaches sustainability as a distraction during social ... ›
- Ford aims to become carbon neutral, sets additional sustainability goals - AutomotiveMap ›
- Trash to treasure: GM vehicles are made from products originally destined for a landfill - AutomotiveMap ›
- General Motors eliminating most internal combustion engine vehicles by 2035 - AutomotiveMap ›
- Here's how Volkswagen recycles electric vehicle batteries - AutomotiveMap ›