30 Vehicles, all from one owner, are headed to auction with no reserve
The Silverstone Classic celebrates its 30-year anniversary this year. To mark the occasion, the company is selling a collection of 30 vehicles, all from one private collector. All will be offered with no reserve.
The collection, entitled The SA-30 Collection, will be part of The Silverstone Classic Live Online Auction on the July 31 and August 1.
"Following on from our last and very successful first live online auction in May, we are very excited and honored to have been entrusted to sell 30 cars from a significant private European collector, of which we are highlighting here," said Nick Whale, Silverstone Auctions Managing Director.
This Ace Bristol has undergone a complete rebuild.Photo courtesy of Silverstone Auctions
"The list of cars is truly exceptional, all with amazing histories and the mileage of some them is quite staggering. I would urge anyone who is thinking of adding to their collection or looking to purchase their next dream car to look at the cars being offered."
Among the vehicles being offered is a 1958 AC Ace Bristol. The model is fresh off a complete rebuild, which took a year to complete. It now sports a Gunmetal Grey metallic paint job and has a black leather interior.
The Ace Bristol will be joined by a 1992 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evo II as part of the Saturday portion of the auction. This model is one of 500 ever built. In addition to a fully-adjustable rear spoiler, the car features full leather sports seats, air conditioning, and electric windows. The car has just 25,056 on the odometer.
A 2008 Ferrari F430 GTC EVO is also being auctioned. It's one of just 14 of the models ever built and was raced by the late Allan Simonsen and its owner Pierre Ehret. When it was new, the car came with a long list of extras, which pushed the price tag over 465,000 EU.
This Ferrari raced at Sebring 12 Hours.Photo courtesy of Silverstone Auctions
The car ran at Sebring 12 Hours where it was run and prepared by Tafel Racing. They went on to finish 4th in class and continued to finish the ALMS season finishing in the top 10 eight times.
After just one season, the car was sold and its next owner raced it in the Pirelli World Challenge Series. In 2019, the car was returned to its Sebring livery by Bob Houghton and then run for a private track day.
The exceptionally low mileage 1988 Ferrari Testarossa being auctioned has 2,240 miles on it. The car's original owner took delivery a year after placing the order and only used the car during the summer months. From 1995 to 2009, the car was place in storage. It was sold in 2009, then again in 2012.
This low-mileage Ferrari Testarossa sat inn storage during the last half of the 1990s and well into the 2000s.Photo courtesy of Silverstone Auctions
A full list of cars included in The SA-30 Collection is as follows, with full details, images and descriptions on the Silverstone Auctions website
- 1954 Bentley R-Type Saloon
- 1973 Ferrari Dino 246 GTS
- 1958 AC Ace Bristol
- 1975 Porsche 911 2.7 MFI RSR
- 1959 Lotus Seven
- 1984 Porsche 911 (930) Turbo
- 1960 Austin Mini Seven
- 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV
- 1961 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint
- 1988 Ferrari 328 GTS
- 1961 Bentley S2 Saloon
- 1988 Ferrari Testarossa
- 1961 Jaguar E-Type Series 1 FHC
- 1992 Jaguar XJ220
- 1961 Jaguar E-Type Series 1 Roadster
- 1992 Mercedes-Benz 190 2.5-16 Evolution II
- 1962 Austin-Healey Sprite Mk II
- 1994 Porsche 911 (964) Carrera RS
- 1964 Austin Mini Cooper 'Downton'
- 1995 Porsche 911 (993) Carrera 2
- 1967 Jaguar S-Type 3.8
- 2006 Alfa Brera V6
- 1969 Land Rover Series IIA
- 2008 Ferrari F430 GTC EVO
- 1969 Mercedes-Benz 280 SL Pagoda
- 2009 Porsche 997 GT3 Clubsport
- 1970 Rover 3.5 Coupe
- 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
- 1971 Triumph TR6 PI (CP)
- 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS Roadster
All the cars being offered are being kept in a single secure storage facility to allow for one on one viewings. Appointments to view the vehicles can be booked starting July 15.
- Wheeler becomes dealer: Two rare models owned by Mike Brewer ... ›
- Two Land Rover Defenders with two unique movie histories are up ... ›
- These are the best cars available at Silverstone Auctions Live ... ›
- Early registration plate number heading to auction - AutomotiveMap ›
- Rare Bentley, Morris Minor, BSA, Ford models from early 20th Century head to auction - AutomotiveMap ›
- 2013 Ford E350 Sportsmobile goes for $176,000 at Mecum's Houston auction - AutomotiveMap ›
- Elton John's Maserati Quattroporte heads to the auction block - AutomotiveMap ›