Ringbrothers builds custom 1971 Chevrolet K5 Blazer for Future
Future has gotten a new vintage car. The hip-hop star from Atlanta, Georgia has received delivery of a 1971 Chevrolet K5 Blazer that was fully customized by Ringbrothers.
Under the hood is a 6.2-liter LS3 engine that is paired with a 4L80-E transmission. The crate engine was standard in the fifth-generation Camaro SS and C6 Corvette and is now sold as an aftermarket part by Chevy. It delivers 430 horsepower and 425 pound-feet of torque. The transmission is a heavy-duty offering from General Motors, the parent company of Chevrolet, that has been used in everything from the Suburban to a Bentley Continental.
Ringbrothers, a shop in Spring Green, Wisconsin, gave the Blazer a custom BASF British Racing Green paint scheme after restoring the body of the Blazer with 3M products. It rides on gold 18-inch HRE wheels.
"We first started building Blazers a few years back, and they've really taken off in popularity since then," said Ringbrothers co-owner Jim Ring. "There is no assembly line at our shop, as each build is completed by hand, bespoke to the owner's request. There is no other Blazer in the world like this one."
Future's K5 Blazer also has a custom tan interior designed by Upholstery Unlimited and an exhaust provided by Flowmaster.
"We're humbled that people continue to come to us for special projects like this," said Ringbrothers co-owner Mike Ring. "We realize that our customers could get a new Ferrari or Lamborghini but choose us instead. It's an honor we don't take lightly, so we put our heart into each project. We're glad Future appreciates that."
In addition to K5 builds, Ringbrothers has released several K5-specific products, including a glove box door, hood hinges, and a dash gauge bezel. Future's Blazer features those parts, along with a custom carbon fiber hood and custom tailgate with integrated seating. The musician's Blazer also has a JL Audio sound system.
- Icon 4x4 gives 1970 Ford F100 a potent power boost, makes it just ... ›
- Legacy Classic Trucks restomods 1949 Power Wagon adding a ... ›
- Lunaz's first all-electric Rolls-Royce restomod has as much range as ... ›
- 1977 Chevrolet K5 Blazer gets remade with all-electric guts - AutomotiveMap ›
- 2021 Chevrolet Trailblazer Review: Its cuteness doesn't make it compelling - AutomotiveMap ›
- Ringbrothers restomods 1968 Mercury Cougar to muscle car perfection - AutomotiveMap ›
- Lunaz adds electrified classic Bentley Continental mods to its portfolio - AutomotiveMap ›
- 1946 Dodge Power Wagon resto-mod goes to the winner of Charles Schwab Challenge PGA event - AutomotiveMap ›