Leaked Ram 1500 TRX info reveals Ford Raptor-fighter capability, Hellcat engine
Two reputable outlets, MoparInsiders.com and AllPar.com are reporting that they have confirmed the features and specs of the forthcoming Ram 1500 TRX. The list seems pretty spot on in terms of what one would want from the FCA parts bin when it comes to a Ford F-150 Raptor fighter.
Before it was confirmed as a production model, the Ram 1500 TRX started its public design life as the 2016 Ram 1500 TRX Rebel Concept. At the time, Ram described the concept as, "a 100-mph off-road machine with 575 horsepower – the most powerful half-ton truck the company has ever built."
A lot has changed since then. The Ram 1500 has been completely redesigned and FCA has introduced more powerful engines. It is at that intersection that we find the forthcoming Ram 1500 TRX.
Both outlets are saying that the new truck will have over 700 horsepower that will come from FCA's Hellcat engine, a supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI V8. That's the same engine that is the Dodge Charger and Challenger variants as well as Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk.
The engine will be paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission. That's the same transmission it's paired with in the other models. A tried and true combination isn't a bad way to go.
Sources have told MoparInsiders.com that the Ram 1500 TRX won't just be a traditional 1500 with knobby tires and some black fascia. The model will be its own beast keeping it in the same vein with the design set forward by the concept vehicle.
Ram has been making its 12.3-inch infotainment touch screen standard and available in its most recent trucks. Word is that the trend will continue in the 1500 TRX. The model will also get other premium features, which is in line with the truck's probably high price point. This is similar to what Ram and Jeep offer in their Hellcat-powered models.
LED lighting, multi view cameras, and a well-equipped interior are likely.
Pricing is expected to be in line with the Ford F-150 Raptor, which starts at $53,455, but can have about $15,000 in packages added to it to get near what the probable offerings list of the 1500 TRX will be.
- 2021 Ram 1500 gets new, low-cost Snow Plow Prep package ... ›
- Ram announces new blacked out 1500 and HD trucks at Texas ... ›
- Big and beefy 2020 Ram HD wins with tech and torque, but not towing ›
- Here's everything we know about the 2022 Ram Rebel TRX - AutomotiveMap ›
- Ram begins production of second round of Built to Serve Edition military-themed trucks - AutomotiveMap ›
- Ram begins teasing Ford Raptor rival 1500 TRX pickup truck ahead of reveal - AutomotiveMap ›
- These are the best vehicles for social distancing - AutomotiveMap ›
- 2021 Ram 1500 TRX is the quickest, fastest, most powerful mass-produced pickup ever made - AutomotiveMap ›
- 8 Things you should be most hyped about in the 2021 Ram 1500 TRX - AutomotiveMap ›
- Even Ford Raptor lovers have to admit, there's areas where the 2021 Ram TRX wins - AutomotiveMap ›