Mopar now offering retractable center-mounted bed step for Ram 1500
The Ram 1500's multifunction split tailgate added a heaping helping of functionality to the truck. Now, Mopar is adding another dose with the newly available retractable center-mounted bed step.
The step is a unique addition to the pickup truck option list and solves one of the problems that truck drivers regularly encounter. It joins a host of step options offered by other automakers on full-size pickups including the General Motors indented rear bumper step, GMC MultiPro tailgate with a built-in step, and Ford's stowable in-tailgate bed step. Toyota and Nissan offer OEM-backed step add-ons that can be mounted to the corner of the bed.
Mopar offers a number of bed step options for the Ram 1500.Photo courtesy of FCA US LLC
"Mopar offers more than 600 quality-tested, factory-backed parts and accessories across the entire Ram lineup," said Mark Bosanac, Head of Mopar Service, Parts and Customer Care, FCA – North America. "Our retractable bed step further enhances the convenience and utility of Ram's industry-leading cargo management and storage system."
Designed to fit specifically with the multifunction tailgate, the Mopar bed step (Part # 82216265AB) is made of high-strength aluminum with a black e-coat finish and is rated for 350 pounds. The manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) is $395 (U.S.).
Additional Ram factory-engineered, factory-backed bed steps available from Mopar include:
- Ram 1500 with standard tailgate: Mopar bed step lowers down for easy access and retracts back to stored position within the bumper. The step is load-rated up to 350 pounds (Part # 82215289AG / U.S. MSRP of $365)
- Ram 1500 Classic: Mopar bed step swings out from the driver's side corner of the rear bumper and retracts back to its stored position. Designed to fit single or dual-exhaust models, the step is load-rated up to 300 pounds (Part # 82214245AD / U.S. MSRP $304)
- Ram Heavy Duty models: Mopar bed step is manufactured from high-strength aluminum with a black powder-coat finish and load-rated to support up to 350 pounds. Similar to all Mopar bed steps, it lowers down for easy access and retracts back under the rear bumper when not in use (Part # 82215842AE / U.S. MSRP $365)
All Mopar bed steps are available for purchase as a vehicle option or as a standalone part in the U.S. and Canada. Standard Mopar factory-backed warranty coverage includes two years/unlimited miles from date of purchase or up to the remainder of the new-vehicle's warranty of three years/36,000 miles.
Mopar Bed Step on Ram 1500 with Multifunction Tailgatewww.youtube.com
- 8 Things you should be most hyped about in the 2021 Ram 1500 TRX ›
- 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Southwest Edition to be sold exclusively in ... ›
- 2021 Ram 1500 gets new, low-cost Snow Plow Prep package ... ›
- Mopar adds 85 accessories to its Chrysler Pacifica and Voyager catalogue - AutomotiveMap ›
- FCA CEO confirms that an all-electric Ram pickup is on the way - AutomotiveMap ›