Watch: NASCAR’s Joey Logano drifts the Ford Mustang Mach-E 1400 with Vaughn Gittin Jr.
With NASCAR Cup Series Champion Joey Logano behind the wheel, famed drift star Vaughn Gittin Jr. hit the track in the Ford Mustang Mach-E this week with burnin' rubber on the mind.
The Mustang Mach-E is Ford's new all-electric crossover. The traditional variant delivers around 460 horsepower. The Mustang Mach-E 1400, a one-off performance-focused variant codeveloped by Ford Performance and RTR, has 1,400 horsepower thanks to its unique seven-motor setup.
First time behind the wheel in the #MachE1400! @VaughnGittinJr and @FordPerformance made a sick ride 💨#MustangMachE #FordMustang pic.twitter.com/nRLEwqC1uz
— Joey Logano (@joeylogano) August 7, 2020
The video was shot at Ford's Romeo Proving Grounds in the days leading up to last weekend's NASCAR double header at Michigan International Speedway. Logano and Gittin Jr. were on hand to make a short film to showcase the model.
What's it like to drive it? In the video, Gittin Jr. says that he recently heard it described as “being sucked into a vacuum".
"It was so cool to get a chance to drive the Mustang Mach-E 1400," Logano said. "With all-wheel drive it just launches at the start and you have so much power it's crazy. The Ford Performance guys with Vaughn and his team have built something special."
Here's the video. Warning: you can't un-hear the whine.
Joey Logano Gets Up Close & Personal With The Mach-E 1400 | Mustang | Ford Performance www.youtube.com
While you're here, Check out this other video featuring the Mustang Mach-E 1400, Logano, Gittin Jr., Ken Block, Hallie Deegan and others.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 1400: One-Of-A-Kind Prototype | Mustang | Ford Performance www.youtube.com
- 1,400-horsepower Ford Mustang Mach-E prototype developed by ... ›
- Ford's new 'Making the Mustang Mach-E' documentary shows EV's ... ›
- Everything you want to know about Ford's 2021 Mustang Mach-E ... ›
- Detroit electropop artist Matthew Dear created a song using Mustang Mach-E oscillations - AutomotiveMap ›
- Ford reveals that 2021 Mustang Mach-E has hit its target EPA-estimated 300-mile range - AutomotiveMap ›
- Ford adds zippy Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition to all-electric stable - AutomotiveMap ›