Cars & Bids
Meet the 2005 Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG that proves 6x6 mods are always a good idea
When it was new in 2005, this Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG Kompressor was merely a traditional G-Wagon with a hand-built, supercharged AMG 5.5-liter V8 under the hood, a boxy body, and a rigid frame that only those that scoot around L.A.'s smooth streets could love.
But then someone (read: not the current owner) had an idea.: 6x6 it. So, Squared Customs did.
The now six-wheeled utility vehicle has an extensive list of modifications. Its exterior is finished in a Designo Magno Matte Gray paint job and accented by carbon fiber fenders, snorkel, and hood scoop. There's also full differential locks, portal axles, forged wheels, and fresh exterior lighting. The bed is made of composite decking.
2005 Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG 6x6: 6x6 conversion, plus many other modifications
Photo courtesy of Cars & Bids
The ute's dimensions match a traditional 6x6 from the manufacturer.
The original engine, which produces 469 horsepower and 516 pound-feet of torque, and five-speed automatic transmission have not been altered. It also has its original Brabus bi-xenon black headlights.
The upgraded interior features black quilted leather upholstery and carbon fiber trim. It also has a 5.0-inch infotainment touch screen, navigation, a Harman/Kardon premium audio system, power-adjustable front and rear seats with memory, heated front and rear seats, automatic climate control, a multi-function steering wheel, and SmartKey.
The model is currently up for sale on Cars & Bids. With six days left in the auction, the bids are up to $47,000 at the time of publication.
The seller, out of Deerfield Beach, Florida, reports that despite its 15-year age, the ute only has 97,800 miles on the odometer. It comes with two keys and an owners manual.
- Mercedes-AMG G 63 Cigarette Edition pays homage to ... ›
- New book showcases the specs of a Hollywood favorite, the ... ›
- Invicto Mission is the badass Brabus answer to the common G-Wagon ›
- Michael Jordan's 1996 Mercedes S600 Lorinser, seen in 'The Last Dance', is up for auction - AutomotiveMap ›
- Next-gen 2021 Mercedes-Benz SL Roadster spied testing in Germany - AutomotiveMap ›
- 2022 Mercedes-Benz C-Class gets an redesign fit for the S-Class - AutomotiveMap ›
- 2021 Mercedes-AMG E 63 S becomes the Brabus 800 with new appearance and performance kit - AutomotiveMap ›