15 customers in the U.S. worked together to develop bespoke McLaren Sabre
McLaren Special Operations (MSO) worked with 15 U.S. customers to create a new bespoke commission hypercar, the McLaren Sabre. Each customer will be able to take delivery to the vehicle, which was designed and homologated exclusively for the US market.
Each of the models is tailored to a heightened level of personalization. It features ideas and innovations that McLaren says would to be permitted during a global homologation process, which is why the vehicle will only be sold in the U.S.
The mid-engine hypercar is powered by a twin-turbo V8 engine that produces 842 brake horsepower and 590 pound-feet of torque. These figures make it the most powerful non-hybrid McLaren to date. It has a maximum speed of 218 mph making it the fastest-ever two-seater McLaren.
Before its completion, customers were able to enjoy a final private test drive of a prototype version of their new car at the Thermal Club Private Race Track. After returning from the drive, owners were able to give direct feedback via video chat to the design and engineering team back in Woking.
"I've been fortunate enough to have been involved with a number of very special cars and I've never seen a manufacturer give clients the level of access that McLaren Special Operations has provided for the Sabre," said Parris Mullins, Motorsport Director for O'Gara Motorsport
McLaren's Bespoke Commission customer experience includes a close working relationship with the MSO development team of designers, engineers and test drivers to help match their desired and personalized concept.
"Everything from visiting the 'skunkworks' style design studio in the UK to flying out the actual development test mule for clients to get behind the wheel of and drive at a private track –these just aren't things you typically get access to," said Mullins.
McLaren Beverly Hills has handed over the keys to the first model to its owner.
- McLaren Tech Club reveals how the 765LT has 25% more ... ›
- How would you spec your McLaren Elva? New state-of-the-art ... ›
- McLaren Tech Club reveals the secret behind the Senna GTR's wing ... ›
- The are the 25 most expensive new cars in America in 2021 - AutomotiveMap ›
- Ahead of its debut, check out the equipment and capabilities of the McLaren Artura - AutomotiveMap ›
- Meet Artura: McLaren's first series-production high-performance hybrid supercar debuts - AutomotiveMap ›
- McLaren, TUMI team up for new travel collection - AutomotiveMap ›
- McLaren confirms 3-second 0-60 mph time for Artura plug-in hybrid supercar - AutomotiveMap ›
- Final McLaren 620R supercars arrive in the U.S. - AutomotiveMap ›