New Model Nenws
Maserati commits to electrified future - starting with next-gen Ghibli, details new models
With performance and sleek styling in focus, Maserati has announced that all their new models will be electrified, adopting either hybrid or battery electric power. This begins with the redesigned Maserati Ghibli, which is set to debut this year.
The company is also committing to the vehicles being 100 percent developed, engineered, and built in Italy. This is an especially important commitment as Maserati's parent company, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, is in the process of merging with PSA Group.
Throughout 2020, Maserati is expected to strengthen its position in the luxury electric vehicles market as it works to allocate more of its production space to electrified cars.
Maserati has confirmed that the Ghibli will be a hybrid. The Maserati GranTurismo and GranCabriolet will begin production in 2021 as the automaker's first all-electric cars. The next-gen GranTurismo and GranCabrio will be built at the Mirafiori production hub.
Maserati's Modena facility is in the process of a remodel, which will allow it to be modified enough to begin producing what the company is calling a "super sports car" in 2020.
A forthcoming Maserati utility vehicle is set to be built at Cassino in 2021. The automaker is already teasing the model saying that it is, "intended to play a leading role for the brand, thanks to its innovative technologies." Technological innovation is not something Maserati has been known for lately so this could be a welcome change.
Maserati intends to reveal more plans in May.
- These 10 auto brands have the most fake social media followers ... ›
- These 13 brands are caught up in the FCA-PSA Group merger ... ›
- Alfa Romeo Giulia, Ryan Reynolds star in new Michael Bay movie '6 ... ›
- A Look Back: Maserati Quattroporte celebrates its 56th birthday with ... ›
- Maserati sparks its future revealing plans that include a next-gen Ghibli Hybrid - AutomotiveMap ›
- Maserati's $5,000 tri-colored livery celebrates Italian auto heritage - AutomotiveMap ›
- Maserati now has a trio of Trofeos, the most extreme autos it makes - AutomotiveMap ›
- New Maserati MC20 uses 630 horsepower to kick off a new era for the Italian automaker - AutomotiveMap ›
- Maserati Grecale prototype spied driving near company's Modena plant - AutomotiveMap ›
- Maserati takes its new MC20 super sports car to an ice circuit for testing - AutomotiveMap ›