New Model News
2020 Lexus GS goes dark with special edition model
The darkness may be rising on the Lexus GS in more ways than one. Today, the luxury automaker debuted the 2020 Lexus GS 350 F Sport Black Line Special Edition, a model that gives a variant of the traditional Toyota Nightshade treatment to the beefy premium midsize sedan.
The model's changes are all aesthetic. Building off the GS 350 F Sport model, the car features Gloss Black F Sport wheels and grille inserts, and a specialized black spoiler. The model is available with a Ultra White or Caviar paint job.
2020 Lexus GS 350 F Sport Black Line Special Edition
Photo courtesy of Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
Lexus's special edition is available in rear- or all-wheel drive and is powered by the same 3.5-liter V6 engine that's in the traditional GS F Sport and yields 311 horsepower and 280 pound-feet of torque. Rear-wheel drive models get orange brake calipers.
Inside there are red accents on the door panels, steering wheel, and center console. There are black leather contoured seats with Rioja Red accents. Carbon fiber ornamentation highlights the dashboard, seats, and center console. Alcantara has been added to the instrument panel, console, and armrest.
Lexus will produce a limited run of 200 GS 250 F Sport Black Line Special Edition models starting this summer. Pricing will be announced closer to the car's on-sale date and is expected to start in excess of $53,000.
It has been rumored that the Lexus GS will cease production in the near future, at least as we know it. The current GS generation roared to life in 2015 as a throwback to the days of the performance family car, a spot comfortably occupied by the Pontiac Grand Am for a number of decades. The 2019 Buick Regal GS, a short-lived model in the U.S., filled a similar space but was noticeably less premium than the GS.
- First 2021 Lexus LC 500 Convertible sold for $2 million ... ›
- 2020 Lexus RX 350 F-Sport Review: Refined, responsive, and ... ›
- 2020 Lexus ES 350 F-Sport Review: This is the ES variant you ... ›
- Zero Halliburton designs two-piece luggage set for Lexus Black Line series - AutomotiveMap ›
- Redesigned 2021 Lexus IS teased ahead of its June 9 debut - AutomotiveMap ›
- Lexus postpones premiere of redesigned IS sedan - AutomotiveMap ›
- Second Look: Fresh teaser photo, video of 2021 Lexus IS released after debut rescheduled - AutomotiveMap ›
- 2021 Lexus IS gets a performance-focused full body makeover with soft filter looks - AutomotiveMap ›
- First Drive Review: Refreshed 2021 Lexus IS delivers desirable performance, looks sleek - AutomotiveMap ›