New Model News
Legacy Classic Trucks restomods 1949 Power Wagon adding a turbodiesel, serious off-roading chops
The latest restomod from Legacy Classic Trucks puts the power back in Dodge Power Wagon. The 108th build from the company features a vintage Power Wagon that has ben transformed from the ground up, giving it more power and the capability to off-road like a modern machine.
"The classic Power Wagons are just amazing trucks, and they are absolute smile magnets when other drivers seem them out on the open road. This is the truck that helped build all the bridges, dams, and roads out West that everyone road trips across during the summertime season," said Legacy Classic Trucks Founder Winslow Bent. "We've had Power Wagons that we've restored that have served in World War II. The best part about a Legacy Power Wagon build is that drivers get all the good looks of a classic restoration without any of the hassles. Drivers won't have any trouble driving this truck out on the street, highway, or off-road. It can do anything."
The 1949 Legacy Power Wagon keeps a twin-turbo Cummins 4BT eight-valve turbodiesel engine. The power output has been raised significantly from the original truck's capability with the new engine's production reaching 350 horsepower and 600 pound-feet of torque. The engine is paired with a five-speed manual transmission.
It now wears Dana 60 axles, ARB locking differentials, and Warn locking hubs. At the front is a Warn winch. Modern Power Wagons also come standard with a winch up front.
The rig's 144-inch wheelbase rides on 40-inch Toyo tires.
The cabin of the truck features bespoke leather seats and grey German square weave carpeted floor mats. The truck's wood steering wheel and vintage gauges give the appearance of vintage styling. There are modern features as well: a Bluetooth stereo, new HVAC system, and USB charging ports.
Legacy Classic Trucks spent 2,000 hours to build the truck. They are selling the model for $350,000. Further upgrades are available.
- Next-gen Porsche Classic Communication Management system ... ›
- October hot rod races to once again pit vintage cars against sandy ... ›
- These 21 vintage vehicles from Paul Walker's collection sold for $2.3 ... ›
- Twisted NA-V8 is a customizable 4x4 that can come as a wagon, truck, or cabrio - AutomotiveMap ›
- Legacy Classic Trucks restores 1937 Kenworth 706 Mount Rainier touring bus - AutomotiveMap ›
- Twisted NAS-E is a Defender-esque all-electric 4x4 that costs as much as a house - AutomotiveMap ›
- 1946 Dodge Power Wagon resto-mod goes to the winner of Charles Schwab Challenge PGA event - AutomotiveMap ›