Super Bowl LIV
GMC banks on 'Quiet Revolution' starring LeBron James and the new Hummer EV
Save the date. May 20, 2020. That's the day we'll see the GMC Hummer EV IRL. Until then, we have a commercial that features NBA star LeBron James and the promise of quiet power.
"Teaming up with GMC to introduce the Hummer EV is a natural fit. Everyone knows about my love for Hummer since high school and I'm proud to be a part of announcing the new EV model," said LeBron James. "The truck may be quiet, but the performance numbers speak for themselves."
The 30-second TV spot is scheduled to air during the second quarter of the Super Bowl in the U.S. market and during the fourth quarter in Canada. The spot highlights the anticipated performance of the vehicle GMC is calling an "all-electric super truck."
As AutomotiveMap previous reported, the new GMC Hummer EV will feature 1,000 horsepower, 11,500 pound-feet of torque, and a zero to 60 mph time of three seconds.
"GMC builds premium and capable trucks and SUVs and the GMC HUMMER EV takes this to new heights," said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global Buick and GMC. "We are excited to debut our revolutionary zero-emissions truck during the biggest night in TV advertising."
The GMC Hummer EV will be assembled at General Motors's Detroit-Hamtramck plant starting in 2021.
- This is the self-driving, all-electric Cruise Origin brought to you by GM ›
- General Motors deciding to make a new Hummer pickup is actually ... ›
- GM's Detroit-Hamtramck plant will produce new all-electric pickup ... ›
- First look: GMC Hummer EV to have removable roof panels - AutomotiveMap ›
- Here's everything we know about the 2022 GMC Hummer EV - AutomotiveMap ›