Special Vehicle Operations is Jaguar Land Rover's biggest success story of 2020
You're not alone, that aspect of JLR's business retailed over 9,500 high-performance and luxury SV products in the 2019-2020 fiscal year, up 64 percent from the previous year.
Models in the Special Vehicle Operations product line wear SV badging. Photo courtesy of Land Rover
"Despite a challenging sales environment for the automotive industry as a whole, we're delighted that the demand for Jaguar and Land Rover SV products continues to grow strongly, just five years after the division was first launched," said Michael van der Sande, Managing Director, Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations. "We currently have our broadest-ever range of models offering enhanced performance and luxury, each with its own distinctive personality that resonates with our customers."
The strong demand is well distributed. There are seven SV vehicles offered that have driven the growth, including the long wheelbase Range Rover SVAutobiography, which offers airline-style Executive Class seating, and the driver-focused 550-horsepower Range Rover SVAutobiography Dynamic.
JLR's best-selling SV SUV is the 575-horsepower Range Rover Sport SVR, which saw sales growth in its fifth year of production.
The company launched the 550-horsepower Jaguar F-PACE SVR and Range Rover Velar SVAutobiography Dynamic Edition in 2019.
To capitalize on markets primed for these models, JLR has rolled out SV Specialist Centers in the areas and dedicated SV areas at retailers. The company says that these retailers are specially trained to meet the needs of the SV customer base. SV Specialist Centers have already launched at 100 retailer sites globally, with more to follow.
"We've focused on satisfying demand for existing SV vehicles, while simultaneously expanding into new sectors with models such as the Jaguar F-PACE SVR, which instantly became our second highest volume vehicle," said Mark Turner, Commercial Director, Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations. "Developing the SV presence in the global Jaguar Land Rover retail network and on social media, in conjunction with SV Bespoke, is also having a positive effect on our business."
There's another page to the menu. The Special Vehicle Operations SV Bespoke department is available to customize the vehicles from tailoring paint color and finish to interior and exterior trim choices. This area of the business has seen a 20 percent growth in bespoke commissions and Premium Palette paint finishes for a selection of Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles.
- 2020 Land Rover Defender holds true to original's spirit while ... ›
- Jaguar Land Rover offers free backgrounds for your Zoom meetings ... ›
- New Land Rover ad leaves hearts thumping as it goes behind the ... ›
- Land Rover celebrates 50th anniversary with Range Rover Fifty - AutomotiveMap ›
- Jaguar Land Rover joins ElectriCity wireless car charging infrastructure program - AutomotiveMap ›
- New, top-tier 2021 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SVR Carbon Edition has 575 horsepower - AutomotiveMap ›
- Guy Ritchie shares 'Snatch' history featuring Sting's Land Rover in a starring role - AutomotiveMap ›
- Refreshed 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR roars into dealerships with more bite than before - AutomotiveMap ›