New Model News
Land Rover celebrates 50th anniversary with Range Rover Fifty
The Range Rover first went on sale on June 17, 1970. In the five decades since, it's gone on to become a plush and capable SUV that's equally as comfortable taking on ski slopes (up and down) and it is rolling up to the red carpet in Cannes.
To celebrate the 50th anniversary, Land Rover is releasing the Range Rover Fifty, a limited edition model. Just 1,970 of the SUVs will be sold.
The car will be offered in a number of paint jobs, including some heritage colors.Photo courtesy of Land Rover
Land Rover is building the special model on the Range Rover Autobiography SUV. It rides on unique 22-inch wheels, has "Fifty" script badging on the exterior and interior, and comes with a number of bespoke accents. Each SUV will be individually numbered.
"In the world of luxury vehicles, the Range Rover has always stood apart as peerless and enduring," said Prof Gerry McGovern OBE, Land Rover Chief Creative Officer. "Its unique and pioneering sensibilities together with an unrivaled engineering approach have been the intrinsic values which our customers have admired since the first of the breed was revealed in 1970."
Buyers can get the Range Rover Fifty in either a standard or long wheelbase body design. Customers can choose from four paint jobs: Carpathian Grey, Rosello Red, Aruba, and Santorini Black. A very limited quantity of models in Tuscan Blue, Bahama Gold, and Davos White heritage paint colors will be offered by Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations.
Land Rover has added "Fifty" accents to the car and a plate with the car's series number on it.Photo courtesy of Land Rover
All models imported to the U.S. will have a 518-horsepower, supercharged 5.0-liter V8 engine that is paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission. The power plant achieves 461 pound-feet of torque. It gets 16 mpg combined and has a top speed of 155 mph due to its 22-inch wheels.
The "Fifty" logo is found throughout the cabin.Photo courtesy of Land Rover
Full details for the Range Rover Fifty, including pricing and specifications, will be subject to an announcement later this year, closer to the vehicle's on-sale date.
- Special Vehicle Operations is Jaguar Land Rover's biggest success ... ›
- New Land Rover ad leaves hearts thumping as it goes behind the ... ›
- Jaguar Land Rover offers free backgrounds for your Zoom meetings ... ›
- New, top-tier 2021 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SVR Carbon Edition has 575 horsepower - AutomotiveMap ›
- Guy Ritchie shares 'Snatch' history featuring Sting's Land Rover in a starring role - AutomotiveMap ›
- Henry Poole & Co creates bespoke fabric celebrating Range Rover's 50th anniversary - AutomotiveMap ›
- Range Rover Astronaut Edition celebrates Virgin Galactic, Land Rover partnership - AutomotiveMap ›