Time to Play
Land Rover partners with LEGO for new Defender Technic vehicle
If the full-size Land Rover Defender isn't in your budget, perhaps this pint-sized model is. Developed in partnership with Land Rover, LEGO will be selling a 2.573-piece model of the reborn SUV starting October 1.
The LEGO Technic Land Rover Defender isn't just shelf-worthy. It has realistic elements and functions including body panels and rims, four-wheel drive with three differentials, a fully independent suspension, winch, and a gearbox.
The new LEGO Technic Land Rover Defender is an automotive icon you can build at home. Developed in partnership with Land Rover and launched alongside the New Defender at the Frankfurt Motor Show, the 2,573-piece model combines the creativity of LEGO with New Defender's instantly recognizable silhouette and capability.
"With every LEGO element, children can build anything they can imagine. I'm very excited about this new model – a truly impressive job done by our LEGO Group designers," said Niels Henrik Horsted, marketing director, LEGO Group. "Together with Land Rover, we've blended elements, design and innovative engineering into a set that shows the boundless creativity of LEGO play, and that with LEGO Technic you can build for real."
The LEGO Technic Defender will be available to buy online beginning October 1.
- Land Rover, Autohome create bespoke social distancing getaway solution - AutomotiveMap ›
- Land Rover revives Defender Hard Top for new generation - AutomotiveMap ›
- Land Rover x Elliot Brown watches worn by team rowing around Britain - AutomotiveMap ›
- 2021 Land Rover Defender gets new mid-grade X-Dynamic model - AutomotiveMap ›
- John Mayer, Land Rover Defender went into the woods and made a film - AutomotiveMap ›
- Ducati Panigale V4 R gets the LEGO Technic treatment - AutomotiveMap ›
- LEGO Technic adds a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon to its model list - AutomotiveMap ›
- Launch mode: LEGO Technic McLaren Senna GTR coming to stores on January 1 - AutomotiveMap ›
- 2022 Land Rover Defender adds 518 horsepower V8 to lineup - AutomotiveMap ›