New Model News
610-horsepower 2021 Lamborghini Huracán EVO Rear-Wheel Drive Spyder debuts
Lamborghini has embraced new social distancing norms and debuted their newest model via augmented reality. The Lamborghini Huracán EVO Rear-Wheel Drive Spyder has premiered, bringing with it all the power of the Huracán EVO RWD with the lightweight soft top.
Lamborghini has engineered the car with hybrid aluminum and carbon fiber chassis. On top of that sits an aluminum and thermoplastic resin body. Dry, the car has a weight of 1,509 kg. Its front-rear weight distribution is 40/60.
The equipment list includes a double wishbone suspension with overlapped quadrilaterals, passive shock absorbers, ventilated and cross-drilled steel brakes that fit up to 19-inch Kari rims, specially-developed Pirelli P Zero tires. Twenty-inch rims, paired with carbon ceramic brakes, are available.
The model gets its power from a V10 engine that delivers 610 horsepower and 560 Nm of torque, the same as the hardtop model. It gets from zero to 100 kMh in 3.5 seconds and has a top speed of 201 mph.
Lamborghini promises the car delivers the same driving dynamics whether or not the roof is down thanks in no small part to its specially tuned Performance Traction Control System. By hitting the model's Anima button on the steering wheel, drivers gain control of a variety of drive models to customize their experience. In Sport mode, drifting is possible while the Corsa mode optimizes the car's underpinnings for traction and agility while maximizing speed.
There are some differences between the Spyder and Huracán EVO RWD models. The cabriolet gets a new front splitter and vertical fins with larger, framed front air intakes. The car's rear bumper is a high gloss black and it has a unique diffuser.
Lamborghini has engineered the car's soft top roof to stow in 17 seconds under the rear while driving up to 31 mph. The top, like the auto itself, is available in a variety of colors.
According to the automaker, "with soft top both up and down the driver can also electronically open the rear window, which functions as a windshield when up and highlights the V10 engine's unique sound when down. Two removable lateral wind shields dampen lateral aerodynamic noise in the cabin, permitting conversations even at high speeds."
At the center of the dashboard is an 8.4-inch infotainment touch screen that controls the audio system, internet connectivity, and phone call capability. It comes standard with Apple CarPlay.
The first customers will take delivery of the new Lamborghini Huracán EVO RWD Spyder in summer 2020 with a suggested retail price, taxes excluded, of £151,100.
Instead of going to a showroom, potential buyers can use augmented reality to see the car via their Apple device.Photo courtesy of Automobili Lamborghini
Brand enthusiasts are invited to take their own tour of the model via their iPhone or iPad. To do so, pull up Lamborghini.com in the browser then tap "See in AR" on the car's page. The virtual experience enables the viewer to rotate and expand the size of the vehicle, including on a 1:1 scale, looking closely at both its exterior and interior details and taking pictures of the new car with a high level of photorealism.
Lamborghini will soon roll out this functionality to all models on the site. There is no charge just to browse.
- New Roger Dubuis Excalibur Pirelli Ice Zero 2 watch has a studded ... ›
- New Lamborghini Huracán EVO RWD wasn't made to be the fastest ... ›
- Lamborghini introduces Lambo V12 Vision GT for Gran Turismo Sport ›
- Your 2020 Chevrolet Corvette can get the Lamborghini treatment for only $2,999 - AutomotiveMap ›
- After a failed restoration, Lamborghini LM002 once driven on 'Top Gear' by The Stig is reborn - AutomotiveMap ›
- Lam-boat-ghini: Tecnomar for Lamborghini 63 is a technical performer for the high seas - AutomotiveMap ›
- Lamborghini Sián Roadster is a 819-horsepower, limited edition, open-top hybrid super car - AutomotiveMap ›
- Buying this 870-horsepower Lamborghini hypercar gets you exclusive track access - AutomotiveMap ›
- Lamborghini Huracán EVO Fluo Capsule presents 10 bright new paint colors - AutomotiveMap ›
- Happy 30th birthday, Diablo! See the Lamborghini super sports car through the years - AutomotiveMap ›
- Two new V12-powered Lamborghinis coming this year - AutomotiveMap ›
- 2020 Lamborghini Huracán EVO RWD Review: The perfect antidote to mundane pandemic life - AutomotiveMap ›