New Model News
Koenigsegg Jesko Absolut is the fastest car the Swedish company has ever produced
It's be touted as a near perfect combination of the things buyers are seeking from a Koenigsegg - comfort, style, and speed. The Koenigsegg Jesko Absolut is the fastest car the Swedish automaker as ever produced and it's also an incredibly competent daily driver.
Precision crafting of the Jesko Absolut's exterior to minimize road noise and drag has made the model more aerodynamic than its predecessor the Koenigsegg Jesko. Its 1600 brake horsepower combines with the aerodynamics to make the Jesko Absolut the fastest car Koenigsegg has ever made.
Stylistically it's differences don't end there. It has an extended hood, cover rear wheels, lowered ride height, removed front wheel louvres, and a closed air duct in its front hood.
"The Jesko Absolut with its shockingly low drag coefficient of 0.278 Cd, combined with its high-speed stability optimized aero features, daily drive friendly characteristics, and luggage space, make the Jesko Absolut a land-based rocket ship determined to reach unheard-of speed in record-setting pace," said Christian vann Koenigsegg, CEO of Koenigsegg.
Unlike other supercars, the Jesko Absolut doesn't have a rear spoiler. Instead, there are two fins that take their design inspiration from an F-15 fighter jet.
Powering the model is a twin-turbocharged V8 engine that is fitted with a 18-degree crankshaft that allows the 8,500-rpm rev limit. The engine is paired with a nine-speed Light Speed Transmission that allows drivers to switch from gear to gear, without the necessity of following any traditional order structure.
Drivers can choose the remove and store the roof of the car, which decreases the downforce of the car, making it more friendly as a daily driver.
The car has a 1:1 power to weight ratio.
Pricing for the model hasn't been announced but it's likely to cost upward of $3 million, like the Jesko.
- The Czinger 21C is a 3D-printed dual center-seat hybrid hypercar ... ›
- Members Only: These cars are in the 1,000-horsepower club ... ›
- Koenigsegg Gemera is company's first four-seater - AutomotiveMap ›
- Polestar and Koenigsegg are working together on a project, but we don't know what it is - AutomotiveMap ›
- Just-released mini blockbuster features a heist and Christian von Koenigsegg's Regera - AutomotiveMap ›
- Members Only: These cars are in the 1,000-horsepower club for 2021 - AutomotiveMap ›