Jaguar Classic reintroduces original E-Type toolkit after 50-year hiatus
A classic is being reborn. Jaguar Classic is reintroducing the original Jaguar E-Type toolkit, selling it for the first time in 50 years. The owner's toolkit was originally ordered with Series 1 and Series 2 E-type sports cars but hasn't been available since the Series 2 went out of production in 1971.
Complete toolkits are hard to find. Current Ebay listings have incomplete original toolkits fetching around $1,600 though Jaguar says that complete authentic toolkits can go for as much as $6,455.
The tools are exact replicas of the historic tools sold in the 60s and 70s.Photo courtesy of Jaguar Classic
"The original E-type toolkit has become a collector's item thanks to its rarity and historic appeal," said Dan Pink, Director of Jaguar Classic. "We've had customers across the world contact us about obtaining one, which is why we decided to manufacture the toolkits again to their original specification. It's the perfect finishing touch for E-type aficionados."
The toolkit is encapsulated in a leather exterior.Photo courtesy of Jaguar Classic
Jaguar Classic's Genuine Parks engineers have reproduced the original toolkit to authentic specifications for sale. It includes a period-correct leatherette-covered canvas roll.
Inside the roll are all the items needed to carry out maintenance on a vintage sports car:
- Adjustable spanner
- Tire valve key
- Tire pressure gauge
- Points screwdriver
- Feeler gauge
- Three-piece screwdriver
- Spanner 3/4 x 7/8 AF
- Spanner 9/16 x 5/8 AF
- Spanner 1/2 x 7/16 AF
- Spanner 11/32 x 3/8 AF
- Box spanner 7/16 x 1/2
- Box spanner 9/16 x 5/8
- Box spanner 3/4 x 7/8
- Sparking plug spanner
- Tommy bars (one short, one long)
- Valve timing gauge
- Grease gun
- Handbrake adjusting wrench
- Brake bleed tin and tube
The toolkit includes a long list of tools.Photo courtesy of Jaguar Classic
The new roll is priced from £732 (approximately $945). It can be purchased directly from the recently-launched Jaguar Land Rover Classic online parts shop.
- Porsche teams up with Lucasfilm to design a new Star Wars spacecraft ›
- Off-road Land Rover Teen Drive Experience launched in the U.S. ... ›
- Jaguar Classic now offering a replacement, original spec 3.8-liter XK engine - AutomotiveMap ›
- Jaguar E-Type 60th anniversary models celebrate the car’s unique origin story - AutomotiveMap ›
- Limited edition Jaguar F-TYPE Heritage 60 Edition celebrates 60th birthday of the E-type - AutomotiveMap ›