Hyundai Hope on Wheels donates $2 million for COVID-19 testing centers at children's hospitals
Hyundai Hope on Wheels (HHOW), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization supported by Hyundai Motor America and its U.S. dealers, has announced that it has donated $2 million for COVID-19 drive-thru testing centers in partnership with children's hospitals across the U.S. HHOW has supported health and well-being initiatives for children with cancer since 1998.
"Hyundai is a company committed to improving the well-being of society and the health of children," says Jose Munoz, President and CEO, Hyundai Motor North America. "In the last few weeks, our society has been challenged with a major pandemic that has had significant consequences to life, safety and well-being. Children who are diagnosed with cancer are particularly at high risk. Through our Hyundai Hope On Wheels program, we are committed to being a strong partner on behalf of children's health and assisting during this time."
The following children's hospitals are the first three of ten to receive a $200,000 donation to support their Drive-Thru Testing Centers (additional hospitals to be announced):
- CHOC Children's (Orange, CA)
- UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital (Cleveland, OH)
- Children's National Hospital (Washington, D.C.)
"This is an unusual time in our nation as we combat the ravages of COVID-19 coronavirus," says Scott Fink, HHOW Board Chair and Hyundai dealer-owner, Hyundai of New Port Richey and Hyundai of Wesley Chapel. "Hyundai dealers across America unite with Hyundai to serve humanity, as we come together in this time of national crisis. Through our involvement with Hyundai Hope On Wheels, we know that children who are fighting cancer have weakened immune systems and are at a high risk for COVID-19. Together, we have directed additional resources to the various hospitals, who are arranging COVID-19 Drive-Thru Testing Centers at their facilities across the U.S."
For more information about Hyundai Hope On Wheels COVID-19 Drive-Thru Testing Centers, and to get the most updated list of partnering hospitals, visit www.hyundaihopeonwheels.org.
- First Drive Review: 2020 Hyundai Venue is a petite, but loaded ... ›
- Watch: This is Hyundai's Super Bowl LIV commercial 'Smaht Pahk ... ›
- These are the 2020 Hyundai Palisade's most family-friendly features ... ›
- Toyota offers free, STEAM-focused virtual field trips for kids - AutomotiveMap ›
- Hyundai launches dealership cleanliness guidelines - AutomotiveMap ›