Hyundai announces 11 hospitals receiving donations for drive-thru coronavirus testing centers
Last week, Hyundai Hope On Wheels and Hyundai Motor America announced that they were donating $2 million to 10 hospitals across the U.S. to aid with the operation of drive-thru coronavirus testing centers. This week, the two revealed that they upped the commitment, now offering help to 11 children's hospitals totaling $2.2 million.
"The Hyundai COVID-19 Drive-thru testing grants are designed to get urgent financial support to institutions on the front-line in the fight against the coronavirus" says José Muñoz, President and CEO, Hyundai Motor North America. "Children who are diagnosed with cancer are particularly at higher risk. That's why it was important to us to join forces with several children's hospitals around the nation to company this threat to the health and well-being of children. We are pleased to expand to 11 institutions nationwide, each with a $200,000 grant."
Hospitals receiving Hyundai COVID-19 Drive-Thru Testing grants are:
- The Hyundai Cancer Institute at CHOC Children's, Orange, CA
- UH Rainbow Babies and Children's, Cleveland, OH
- Children's National Hospital, Washington, D.C.
- Dana Farber / Boston Children's Hospital, Boston, MA
- Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA
- Columbia Medical Center, New York, NY
- Joseph's Children's Hospital, Tampa, FL
- Children's Hospital of Colorado, Aurora, CO
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- Texas Children's Hospital, Houston, TX
- University of Alabama Children's, Birmingham, AL
The Centers for Disease Control has built a website that offers resources to individuals who have questions about COVID-19, including how to identify symptoms, get tested, and decontaminate your home at www.cdc.gov.
- Hyundai adding 13 new products by 2022 - AutomotiveMap ›
- Watch: This is Hyundai's Super Bowl LIV commercial 'Smaht Pahk ... ›