Hyundai adds 3-year/36,000-mile complementary maintenance program to new cars
Hyundai is adding an incentive for its new car and SUV buyers. The automaker will now be providing three years of complimentary maintenance with the purchase or lease of a new 2020 model year Hyundai vehicle. Called the Hyundai Complimentary Maintenance program, the offer includes oil and filter changes plus tire rotation at normal factory-scheduled intervals for 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first.
"Hyundai has always been a company that listens to customers and strives to provide products and services that maximize value and simplify life," said Barry Ratzlaff, chief customer officer, Hyundai Motor America. "Building on the strong foundation of America's Best Warranty, Hyundai Complimentary Maintenance helps dealers ensure that our owners keep rolling with peace of mind. These programs, along with 5 years of roadside assistance and 3 years of Blue Link connectivity, give owners confidence that we will take care of them once they've joined the Hyundai family."
Dealership experience is an important driver for buyers. Hyundai ranks in the lower half of J.D. Power's annual Dealership Experience Awards and Ratings, below most luxury brands and stalwarts of the industry including Chevrolet and Toyota.
The Hyundai Complimentary Maintenance program is the latest addition to the overarching Hyundai Assurance program. Owner Assurance and Shopper Assurance also also part of Hyundai Assurance.
Owner Assurance includes:
- America's Best Warranty: 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty, 5-year/60,000-mile new vehicle limited warranty and 7-year anti-perforation warranty
- Complimentary Maintenance: 3 years/36,000 miles of normal oil changes and tire rotations
- Roadside Assistance: 5 years of roadside assistance, 24/7/365 coverage and trip interruption assistance
- Blue Link: 3 years of complimentary Blue Link connected car service, including the Connected Care package that provides emergency assistance and maintenance/diagnostic alerts
- Assurance Car Care: Hyundai's pledge for convenient scheduling, factory-trained technicians, free multi-point inspections, clear explanation of recommended services, recap of all completed work and respect for the customer's time
Shopper Assurance includes:
- Transparent Pricing: Participating dealers post the market pricing (MSRP minus incentives and any dealer-offered discounts) on the dealer websites so customers know exactly what the market price is for the vehicle. This can reduce the time it takes to negotiate a price and can eliminate the frustration of widely advertised incentives not being displayed on dealer websites.
- Flexible Test Drive: Customers are given the option to conduct a test drive for any new vehicle on their own terms through Hyundai Drive, a platform that allows the test drive to be scheduled by contacting the dealer on its website, by phone or by using a custom-built app (in available markets). The selected test-drive vehicle can be delivered to a location of the customer's choosing, such as their home, their office or a coffee shop.
- Streamlined Purchase: This feature allows car buyers to complete most of the paperwork online prior to visiting the dealership for a vehicle in the dealer's inventory, reducing the total transaction time. This includes applying for financing, obtaining credit approvals, calculating payment estimates and valuing trade-ins.
- 3-Day Worry-Free Exchange: Any customer who is not satisfied with their purchase is given a three-day period to return the car in exchange for another new Hyundai vehicle, contingent upon a dealer inspection and the vehicle having fewer than 300 miles since the purchase/lease date. This turns potential second thoughts into peace of mind. Full conditions and terms of the exchange policy can be found at hyundaiusa.com/shopperassurance.
- First Drive Review: Next-Gen 2020 Hyundai Sonata sings a high ... ›
- First Drive Review: Like Liesel, 2020 Hyundai Palisade is a well ... ›
- These are the 2020 Hyundai Palisade's most family-friendly features ... ›
- First Drive Review: 2020 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid combines premium ... ›
- These 5 vehicles have the best headlights according to IIHS - AutomotiveMap ›