Nissan Switch, company's first on-demand subscription service, launching in Houston
Volvo and Porsche are already doing it. Now, Nissan is getting in on the vehicle subscription service model with a new program called Nissan Switch. The service will debut in Houston.
"Nissan Switch is another way that Nissan is testing alternatives to the notion of traditional mobility, without long-term financial commitments for our customers," said Andrew Tavi, vice president, Legal, External Affairs and Business Development, Nissan North America, Inc. "This program provides more choice, convenience, and flexibility. For those who want a sedan during the week and an SUV or sports car, like the GTR, on the weekends, Nissan Switch provides the solution."
Nissan's new subscription service allows drivers to get behind the wheel of a variety of vehicles, including the GT-R.Photo courtesy of Nissan North America
By signing up for the Nissan Switch program, subcribers can test models including the Nissan Leaf Plus, Titan, and GT-R. Nissan has recently redesigned many of the vehicles in their lineup including the Versa, Sentra, and Altima. The Frontier got a new engine for the 2020 model year and Murano, Maxima, and Titan have gotten significant updates in the past 18 months.
The program works similar to how on-demand media programming works. The price tier of the service subscribed to dictates the vehicles that can be switched out. There is no long-term contract or commitment.
For $699 per month, subscribers have access to the Altima sedan, Rogue and Pathfinder SUVs, and Frontier truck. Spending $899 per month allows for testing of the Leaf Plus electric vehicle, Maxima sedan, Murano and Armada SUVs, Titan truck, and 370Z sports car. Those wishing to test out the GT-R must elect for the $899 per month Premium service level and pay an additional $100 per day with seven-day consecutive maximum use.
Subscribers won't be driving just rental car spec base models. Each vehicle will be featured in a well-equipped trim level, some with Nissan's ProPilot Assist driver-assist technology that has features including lane centering, lane keeping, and blind spot warning.
After a $495 membership activation fee, the monthly subscription includes the vehicle (unlimited switches, as often as a new vehicle each day), delivery, cleaning, insurance, roadside assistance, and regular maintenance.
Customers can enroll at www.nissanswitch.com through August 2020.
- These are the 12 fastest-selling used vehicles in Houston in 2019 ... ›
- 2020 Nissan Maxima Review: Good enough to fill the small void left by Buick, Chevrolet - AutomotiveMap ›
- Coronavirus forces Avis, Budget to alter cleaning procedures - AutomotiveMap ›
- Clear Lake Nissan: Nissan Dealer League City TX New & Used ... ›
- Katy Nissan (Preferred) Nissan Dealership In Katy, TX - Find Out Why ›
- South Houston Nissan | Nissan Dealership in Houston, TX ›
- Mossy Nissan of Houston!: New & Used Nissan Dealer | Serving ... ›
- Sterling McCall Nissan | Houston Car Dealership in Stafford TX ›
- New & Used Cars For Sale In Houston At Our Baker Nissan ... ›
- Tom Peacock Nissan Houston TX, Houston Nissan Dealership Near ... ›
- Central Houston Nissan | Nissan Dealership in Houston, TX ›