New Model News
Thumbs up! 1000-horsepower Jeep Gladiator-based Hennessy Maximus is an off-road beast
The Hennessey Maximus 1000 has the body of a Jeep Gladiator but its soul belongs to a desert hellion. The model is now under production at Hennessey Performance Engineering's Texas headquarters.
"There's nothing like jumping a 1000 HP Jeep over sand dunes," said John Hennessey, founder of Hennessey Performance Engineering. "MAXIMUS 1000 is a very special vehicle under any driving conditions, on or off-road."
Hennessey started the build with a 2020 Jeep Gladiator. The truck's engine is replaced with a supercharged 6.2-liter V8, FCA's Hellcat engine, which is paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission. The engine is tuned to achieve 1,000 horsepower rand 933 pound-feet of torque.
They've customized the truck's electronic control unit, wiring harnesses, radiator, and fuel system. It now has a stainless steel exhaust system, custom front and rear bumpers, LED lights, 20-inch Hennessey wheels, BFG 20-inch KD off-road tires, a six-inch lift, and customized seats.
Each model comes with a three-year/36,000-mile warranty.
Hennessey will make just 24 models and the first four have already been delivered. They're asking $225,000 per vehicle, which includes the base model Jeep truck.
- Members Only: These cars are in the 1,000-horsepower club ... ›
- Supercharged Hennessey Goliath700 GMC Sierra Denali has 700 ... ›
- Gladiator vs Comanche: How Jeep's approach to pickups has changed in a generation - AutomotiveMap ›
- Watch: Hennessey Performance drag races a Chevrolet Corvette Z51 vs a Dodge Charger Hellcat - AutomotiveMap ›
- 2020 Jeep Gladiator Altitude debuts - AutomotiveMap ›
- Cars & Bids features Jeep Gladiator Rubicon with engine swap - AutomotiveMap ›