Lamborghini introduces Lambo V12 Vision GT for Gran Turismo Sport
Lamborghini's latest concept car isn't available for a test drive at your local dealership. And it won't be seen in a showroom or racing down a test track. The Lamborghini Lambo V12 Vision Gran Turismo is exclusively for the gaming world.
The luxury automaker describes the new car as a "highly visionary concept" that emphasizes Lamborghini's mission to make vehicles that are fun to drive, even if just in the digital environment.
"Lamborghini is a very young brand, and this is why we are here today to present our newest virtual vision in the form of a real model, with a highly futuristic and cool design to be enjoyed by the young generation of racing game and super sports car enthusiasts," said Stefano Domenicali, Chairman and CEO of Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A. at the car's debut in Monte-Carlo.
Its exterior is striking. The car's sleek aerodynamic lines culminate in an eye-catching Y-taillight design. It's body is disconnected from the fenders. Hexagon-themed side windows were purposefully designed to be reminiscent of the 1968 Lamborghini Marzal concept car.
The design of the car was produced by Lamborghini Centro Stile in Sant'Agata Bolognese, Italy. The car uses the powertrain of the Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 a mid-engine hybrid sports car that will be produced for IRL drivers. Combined, the Sián's powertrain elements give the car 807 horsepower. Unconfirmed reports indicate that the Sián has a zero to 62 mph time of 2.8 seconds and an electronically limited speed of 217 mph.
The designers created a cabin that is entered like a jet fighter would get into their plane. The single-seater Lambo V12 Vision GT's cockpit was designed for a driver who is not seated in the car, but rather on their couch or floor. Driving controls are located within the steering wheel
"The Lambo V12 Vision Gran Turismo is created to provide the ultimate virtual car for young fans and gamers, who are ultra-enthusiastic about Lamborghini and its futuristic aspirations," said Mitja Borkert, Head of Lamborghini Centro Stile. "It is an opportunity for the design talent within Lamborghini to stretch its wings and visualize a car that, like every Lamborghini, is a head-turner and the best driving experience, but also mirrors Lamborghini's push on future technologies, particularly in the arena of lightweight materials and hybridization."
The Lambo V12 Vision Gran Turismo can only be driven inside the confines of the Gran Turismo Sport game for Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4). It will be available starting in the summer of 2020 and add to the list of 309 cars and 58 tracks the video game offered at last count.
- Aston Martin launches new high-performance DBX, an SUV with the ... ›
- Meet Horacio Pagani, the man who changed supercars into hypercars ›
- Check out the supercars inside Houston Astros ace Justin ... ›
- Mazda RX-Vision GT3 joins Gran Turismo Sport - AutomotiveMap ›
- After a failed restoration, Lamborghini LM002 once driven on 'Top Gear' by The Stig is reborn - AutomotiveMap ›
- Track-only Lamborghini SCV12 hypercar teased ahead of summer premiere - AutomotiveMap ›
- Lam-boat-ghini: Tecnomar for Lamborghini 63 is a technical performer for the high seas - AutomotiveMap ›
- Lamborghini Sián Roadster is a 819-horsepower, limited edition, open-top hybrid super car - AutomotiveMap ›