Ford's new 'Making the Mustang Mach-E' documentary shows EV's design and engineering process
This week we saw the 2020 Ford Mustang Mach-E in the flesh for the first time and were able to ride in it. Now, Ford has released its "Making the Mustang Mach-E" documentary to share the story of how the model came to be.
Originally, the Mustang Mach-E was not going to be a Mustang. When Jim Hackett, the company's president and CEO took over in May 2017, he created a dedicated electric vehicle (EV) team, named Ford Team Edison. The team changed course, moving from plans for a mundane EV, something more like the Chevrolet Bolt, BMW i3, and Nissan Leaf, to the performance-driven model that would evolve to become the Mustang Mach-E.
Watch it here:
Making the Mustang Mach-E | Mustang Mach-E | Ford Video via YouTube
The 20-minute film is narrated by members of the team and Mustang owners. It was created by Ford and Chrome Productions. The film was executive produced by Chrome Managing Director Joel Mishcon and Gez Medinger, produced by Melly Cook, directed by Jamie Crawford and edited by Alessandro Dordoni at Chrome London.
Customers can now reserve their Mustang Mach-E online. Deliveries begin in late 2020.
- Ford's 10 best SEMA builds show that what happens in Vegas ... ›
- Here's how to reserve your 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E ... ›
- I rode in the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E to find out if it's worthy of ... ›
- These are the places 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E customers live and the models they're choosing - AutomotiveMap ›
- Buy a new 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, get a free track day at Charlotte Motor Speedway - AutomotiveMap ›
- Ford CEO Jim Hackett out, to be replaced by COO Jim Farley - AutomotiveMap ›
- Here's how each U.S. automaker's plants are responding to the coronavirus outbreak - AutomotiveMap ›
- Watch: NASCAR’s Joey Logano drifts the Ford Mustang Mach-E 1400 with Vaughn Gittin Jr. - AutomotiveMap ›