Ford's Active Driver Assist hands-free driving tech will cost just $995 on the 2021 F-150
A few weeks ago, Ford revealed the pricing and trim levels for much of the 2021 Ford F-150 lineup. Now, an important question has been answered. How much will Ford's new Active Driver Assist hands-free technology cost? The answer: $995 on most trim levels. There are some exceptions though.
Ford sells the technology as part of the Ford CoPilot360 Active 2.0 Prep Package. On the base model F-150 XL, the package is not available but a downgraded version without the Active Driver Assist component (Ford CoPoilot360 2.0) is, for $695. It comes with the following technologies:
- Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (includes Pedestrian Detection, Forward Collision Warning, Dynamic Brake Support)
- BLIS with Cross-Traffic Alert
- Lane-Keeping System (includes Lane-Keeping Alert, Lane-Keeping Aid, Driver Alert)
- Rear View Camera
- Auto High Beams
- Reverse Sensing System
- Reverse Brake Assist
- Post-Collision Braking
In that trim level, a rear window with fixed privacy glass and defroster is required. Additionally, there also needs to be driver's side manual-folding or power glass side mirrors with heat.
Ford CoPilot360 is available on XLT (extra $655) and above grades.
Here, a driver demonstrates the hands-free driving system in the Ford Mustang Mach-E.Photo courtesy of Ford Motor Company
The next step up, the Ford CoPilot360 2.0 Assist package is available on F-150 XLT and Lariat. On the F-150 XLT, the package costs $750. It is included on some Lariat models as well as F-150 King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited. The package requires the 360-Degree Camera Package or Tow Technology Package on some trim levels.
The CoPilot360 2.0 Assist package includes all the features of the CoPilot360 2.0 package plus:
- Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control (includes Stop-and-Go, Lane Centering, Speed Sign Recognition)
- Evasive Steering Assist
- Intersection Assist
- Connected Built-In Navigation
It isn't until the Ford CoPilot360 Active 2.0 Prep Package becomes available on the F-150 Lariat that the Active Driver Assist technology is available. The system is also available one F-150 King Ranch and Platinum. It is standard on some Platinum trim models and on all F-150 Limiteds.
The Ford CoPilot360 Active 2.0 Prep Package includes all the features of the Ford CoPilot360 2.0 and Ford CoPilot360 2.0 Assist packages and adds:
- Active Drive Assist Prep Kit
- Active Park Assist 2.0
It will cost $995 on models where it is not standard. This functionality is expected in the third quarter of 2021. A separate payment for feature software required to activate full functionality at that time. There may be additional associated costs depending on the trim level and options selected.
- 2021 Ford F-150 engine and transmission options - AutomotiveMap ›
- Trim levels, pricing revealed for redesigned 2021 Ford F-150 ... ›
- What's new: 21 interior and exterior 2021 Ford F-150 features ... ›
- Ford's hands-free driving tech is coming to F-150, Mustang Mach-E later this year - AutomotiveMap ›