New Model News
Leak reveals 2021 Ford Bronco Sport trim levels, engines, features, packages
There's good reason to believe that the cat is out of the bag when it comes to the grades, packages, paint jobs, features, and powertrain options of the 2021 Ford Bronco Sport. On Thursday, BroncoSportForum.com had a user post images from Ford's dealer ordering portal.
The information below is what the images show. AutomotiveMap has not been able to independently verify the information.
There are five trim levels
The portal lists the 2021 Ford Bronco Sport model in Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, Badlands, and First Edition trim levels. Ford recently trademarked the Big Bed, Badlands, and Out Banks names in correlation with the name Bronco.
Ford frequently sells First Edition models. It's likely the Bronco Sport First Edition is a limited run of the first models that are slated to come off the line. Frequently these models feature special badging, a unique paint color, "First Edition" logos on the interior on floor mats and headrests.
All models are 4x4s.
That's not a surprise. The so-called Baby Bronco is expected to be similar in nature to a Jeep Renegade, which is quite capable in its own right. It rides on the same platform as and is manufactured in the same facility as the Ford Escape, which comes standard with front-wheel drive and is available with all-wheel drive.
The Bronco Sport will have a 105.1-inch wheelbase.
That's not the same as the Ford Escape. Despite the fact that they share a platform, the Escape has a wheelbase that's about 1.5 inches longer.
It will come in the buyer's choice of 10 paint jobs.
The colors listed in the leaked photos show Shadow Black, Rapid Red Metallic TC, Oxford White, Kodiak Brown, Iconic Silver, Cyber Orange Metallic TC, Carbonized Gray, Cactus Gray, Area 51, and Alto Blue Metallic TC.
Here are the other vehicles the paints are available on:
- Shadow Black - Mustang Mach-E
- Rapid Red Metallic TC - Explorer and Escape for a $395 surcharge
- Oxford White - F-150 and Ranger
- Iconic Silver - Mustang Mach-E, F-150, Transit, Ranger, Edge, Super Duty, Fiesta, and Mustang
- Cyber Orange Metallic TC
- Carbonized Gray - Mustang Mach-E
Some of the colors have been leaked previously in relation to the Bronco when AutomotiveTouchUp.com listed 2021 Ford Bronco paint touch up colors.
There are two roof colors.
Buyers can only choose from a black or gray roof. There is no indication that the model will be available with a body color roof.
The Badlands Package adds a touch of class.
If you won't want to opt for the full Badlands model, which is likely to be the top-tier model, buyers can opt for the Badlands Package. The images show that the package includes:
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Automatic dimming rearview mirror
- Body-color door handles
- Heated front passenger seat
- and two other components coded as "F6-A-L-SVT MINI PERF TWOTONE" and "FRONT 4-WAY HD RESTNT ST 1"
There's other stand alone package options.
The long list of addition options includes:
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- MyFord technology/6 speakers/SiriusXM
- Power six-way passenger seat
- Remote start
- Reverse sensing system
- Roof conversion - low opening (likely a removable roof; low opening may refer to a lesser amount of headroom, a common feature of sunroofs)
- Body-color bumpers
- Wireless charging
- Cargo mat
- Cargo management system
- Engine block heater
- Front license plate bracket
The Bronco Sport can tow up to 3,500 pounds.
A Class II Trailer Tow Package is listed as available. Class II hitches are rated to carry up to 3,500 pounds of gross trailer weight. This is the same capacity as the 2020 Ford Escape.
One size wheel and two types of tires are available.
Ford lists the tires as 225/65R17 A/T and 235/65R17 A/T. The 225/65R17 tires are the standard tires on the 2020 Ford Escape S, SE, and SE Sport. The others come on the Limited and XLT grades.
The form shows that the Bronco Sport rides on 17-inch wheels.
There are two engine choices.
It looks like the Bronco Sport will come standard with a turbocharged 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine. A 2.0-liter turbo-four is also available. Both engines are likely paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Automatic start-stop engine tech is standard.
This may be the most disappointing Bronco Sport news. However, it's not unexpected.
Cloth seats are standard. Leather-trimmed seats are available.
It looks like the cloth seats will be available in the Active Orange or Area 51 colors while there are also Ebony leather-trimmed seats. The good news is that these likely aren't the only options, just the options shown with the particular paint color the Ford spy chose.
The 2021 Ford Bronco Sport is likely going on sale later this year.
- Another Ford vehicle leaks - this time the 2021 Bronco (maybe ... ›
- Ford confirms Bronco debuting in March, smaller Bronco Sport coming ›
- Leaked photos show what is probably the 2021 Ford Bronco Sport ... ›
- Ford postpones Bronco launch because of O.J. Simpson's birthday - AutomotiveMap ›
- A tale of two Broncos: The one in the chase wasn't the only Bronco O.J. Simpson made famous - AutomotiveMap ›