You'll be able to reserve a 2021 Ford Bronco right after it debuts on July 13
The Ford Bronco will debut on July 13. As soon as it does, you'll be able to reserve yours for just $100. Ford will begin taking reservations via their website at 8 p.m. Eastern Time and 5 p.m. Pacific Time. The reservation fee is automatically refunded if you cancel your order.
The Bronco debut is one of the most hotly anticipated vehicle events of the year. It was initially poised to happen this spring but was put on hold as the COVID-19 pandemic took hold and the New York International Auto Show was postponed then cancelled.
AutomotiveMap was one of the first news outlets to record the sounds of the Bronco's powertrain when reporter Sue Mead headed to Baja California with the Ford team to see the Bronco R compete in the Baja 1000 last year.
Based on patent applications and leaks, it's likely the Bronco will debut in two- and four-door formats. There's reported roof-off functionality. Ford is aiming to take on the Jeep Wrangler with the model, releasing several promotional photos celebrating the vehicle's off-road prowess.
Ford will also have a Bronco Sport model on the market. This is not a two-door version of the Bronco, but rather a more lifestyle-focused SUV that is built on the same platform as and alongside the Ford Escape.
The Dearborn, Michigan-based automaker has been teasing the model ahead of its reveal. The latest teaser, a video released yesterday, showcases the SUV's headlights. One a few days before showed off the sides of the vehicle. AutomotiveMap covered them both here.
We were supposed to see the new Bronco on Monday, however, after a bit of a brouhaha surrounding its original debut date and its link to O.J. Simpson Ford changed the date. Stay tuned to AutomotiveMap for more teaser analysis leading up to the big day.
- Original Bronco's design was conceived by Ford's first African ... ›
- Ford postpones Bronco launch because of O.J. Simpson's birthday ... ›
- Listen: This is the 2021 Ford Bronco's powertrain in action ... ›
- 10 things true off-roaders will love about the 2021 Ford Bronco - AutomotiveMap ›
- 2021 Ford Bronco, Bronco Sport debut with nostalgia-inducing looks, impressive capability - AutomotiveMap ›
- Saleen's take on the 2021 Ford Bronco will pay homage to the Baja 1000, include unique equipment - AutomotiveMap ›
- 2021 Ford Bronco, Bronco Sport discount options - AutomotiveMap ›
- Ford doubling the number of Bronco First Editions it’s producing, but there’s a catch - AutomotiveMap ›