Electrify America to compete with Amazon by selling at-home EV charging stations
Electrify America is expanding from roadside electric vehicle (EV) charging stations into the home. Called Electrify Home, the busiest unit will sell charging stations and supplies that enable the EV lifestyle. Amazon already has a similar business that is partnered with a number of automakers.
Last year, Electrify America sold its first Level 2 Home Charger. Electrify Home encompasses a larger product line including installation of the charger (through Qmerit) and 24/7 customer support.
"Right now, about 80 percent of electric vehicle charging is done at home. With the launch of Electrify Home, we're providing flexible and forward-thinking home charging solutions for EV drivers of today and tomorrow," said Nina Huesgen, senior manager, Home and eCommerce at Electrify America. "EV drivers need more charging options to feel truly independent and confident in their decision to go electric, which is why Electrify America has expanded its focus to create a connected and smart home charging ecosystem."
Features of the Electrify America Level 2 Home Charger:
- Flexible installation options: For easy installation, the L2 home charger comes with a standard NEMA 14-50 supply power plug, compatible with the 240-volt outlets commonly found in households. The unit can also be hardwired by a licensed and qualified electrician and comes with a docking station that allows for wall-mounting.
- Indoors or outdoors: The home charger is equipped with a NEMA 3R enclosure, allowing it to be mounted inside or outside. A 24.6-foot long cable makes it easy to reach and plug in your car.
- Colored light that indicates charging status: An LED color indicator makes it easy to view charging status, with a ring around the charger that lights up blue while the car is charging and lights up green when the battery is full.
- Three-year warranty, 24-hour support: Electrify America offers a three-year warranty and 24-hour customer support.
"We look forward to using the Electrify Home platform to expand our offerings in the home charging space, as we develop new product lines and services that will help further streamline EV ownership," said Huesgen.
In addition to the launch of Electrify Home, Electrify America is continuing to grow its public network of ultra-fast EV chargers with a goal to install or have under development approximately 800 total charging station sites with about 3,500 chargers by December 2021.
- Ford Mustang Mach-E owners to get 250 kWh of free charging at ... ›
- Electrify America now has two cross-country charging routes ... ›
- Electrify America, Love's Travel Stops announce EV charging station ... ›
- Virginia, Florida join 23 other states in Electrify America’s kilowatt-hour pricing scheme - AutomotiveMap ›