Electrify America, Love's Travel Stops announce EV charging station partnership
Electrify America continues to establish partnerships with the goal of building out a nationwide electric vehicle (EV) charging network. The company has most recently partnered with Love's Travel Stops to install charging stations at seven of the company's locations in six U.S. states
The seven charging stations, located in Oklahoma, New Mexico, Utah, Florida, New York and Arizona, will have a combined 28 EV chargers and be available for public use by early 2021 - with five locations already open.
"As we continue building charging stations at accessible sites, Love's Travel Stops was a perfect fit because of its convenient locations near major highways," said Rachel Moses, senior manager for site acquisition, development and strategy at Electrify America. "Providing EV drivers with the opportunity to charge their vehicles at Love's locations will help instill confidence for longer interstate trips, and can encourage more consumers to consider making the switch to electric."
In June, Electrify American announced that it had created two full cross-country charging station routes. The routes allow coast-to-coast DC fast-charging. Electrify America charging stations are, on average, about 70 miles apart. They're located in metro areas and near highway routes near shopping and dining amenities. The most recent Love's charging station opening in Salina, Utah, helped complete one of those routes.
Depending on the location, Love's customers will have access to chargers ranging in power from 150 kilowatts to 350 kilowatts. Electric vehicles capable of accepting a 350 kW charge can add up to 20 miles of range per minute.
"Our goal is to provide all drivers with safe, convenient places to stop and refuel - and that includes the growing number of electric vehicle drivers," said Frank Love, co-CEO of Love's. "We're committed to initiatives and solutions that reduce emissions, and excited to add EV charging stations at our locations."
Electrify America charging station locations at Love's include the following:
- Oklahoma - 901 N. Sheb Wooley Ave., Erick, Okla. 73645
- New Mexico - 1900 S. Mountain Road, Tucumcari, N.M. 88401
- Utah - 1915 S. State St., Salina, Utah 84654
- Florida - 45000 U.S.-27, Davenport, Fla. 33897
- New Mexico - 1028 N.M.-156, Santa Rosa, N.M. 88435
- New York - 2 Industrial Park Drive, Binghamton, N.Y. 13904 (coming soon)
- Arizona - 760 S. Quartzsite Ave., Quartzsite, Ariz. 85346 (coming soon)
To view whether a station near you is open and for a full list of Electrify America station locations, visit: https://www.electrifyamerica.com/locate-charger/.
- Nissan Energy Perks by EVgo gives Leaf owners $250 in charging ... ›
- Ford Mustang Mach-E owners to get 250 kWh of free charging at ... ›
- Electrify America now has two cross-country charging routes ... ›
- Electrify America to compete with Amazon by selling at-home EV charging stations - AutomotiveMap ›
- Virginia, Florida join 23 other states in Electrify America’s kilowatt-hour pricing scheme - AutomotiveMap ›
- Electrify America adds 30 solar-powered EV charging stations to its network - AutomotiveMap ›
- Buy a Hyundai Kona, Ioniq get 250 kilowatt-hours of free Electrify America charging - AutomotiveMap ›
- Jeep 4xe Charging Network puts EV stations on trails - AutomotiveMap ›