New Model News
Bentley Continental GT Mulliner Convertible takes open top grand touring up a notch
The Bentley Continental GT Mulliner Convertible is the first member of the new Collections portfolio introduced by Bentley Mulliner, a division of Bentley that raises the bar on vehicle offerings with additional possibilities for customization.
Up front are cut-crystal inspired, precision-made headlamps, which sit on the sides of a new Double Diamond front grille. There are also bespoke Mulliner-branded side vents that feature a silver-on-black diamond theme, illuminated Mulliner tread plates, and LED welcome lamps that project the Bentley wings to the ground from the door mirrors.
The model features many of the same body characteristics of the traditional Continental.Photo courtesy of Bentley Motors
Under the hood is the buyer's choice of a twin-turbocharged 6.0-liter W12 or a twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V8 engine. The larger engine gets the car from zero to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds and has a top speed of 207 mph. The V8 has a top speed of 198 mph and gets to 60 mph off the line in 4.0 seconds.
The open-top car has Grand Black wallet veneer standard. Buyers can stay standard or opt to customize the look by choosing from 87 other piano-finished wood veneers. Options include the ability to match the wood to the exterior of the car. To do this, burr walnut veneer is hand sanded and polished to produce a smooth finish before painting to match the color of the customer's choice. Once dry, the veneer is polished to achieve a mirror-like finish.
Chrome details overlay the piano veneer, even showing a convertible silhouette in the passenger fascia and a B-motif in the door waistrails.
Buyers can choose from eight custom-made three-color combinations for the interior. The hand-stitched hides are embellished with unique Mulliner-branded embroidery.
The Double Diamond design continues into the cabin where a quilter version of the concept adorns four seats, door casinos, rear quarters, and a tonneau cover. To delver the quilting across the cabin, there are almost 400,000 stitches. Each diamond contains 712 individual stitches.
The center console has a Diamond Milled Technical finish. There's a Breitling for Mulliner clock that features a brushed metallic face and bejeweled hour marks. The clock bezel and air vent surrounds are finished in chrome.
Bentley is making the Continental GT Mulliner Convertible available with a Naim for Bentley audio system. The setup features 18 speakers and two Active Bass transducers driven by a 2,200‑watt, 20-channel amplifier and eight DSP sound modes with Active Bass.
The Continental GT Mulliner Convertible rides on new 22-inch 10-spoke painted and polished wheels that have floating, self-leveling wheel badges that remain upright as the wheel rotates.
Buyers get the keys to their car I a Mulliner-branded handcrafted presentation box, which matches the three-color interior configuration of the car. The two keys are provided in similarly color-matched leather cases with contrast stitching.
Pricing of the model depends on options chosen.
- Two-seater Bentley Mulliner Bacalar makes its debut, only 12 will be ... ›
- Bentley Mulliner Bacalar competition winner combines seven paint ... ›
- Bentley's new video conference backgrounds give your WFH ... ›
- New Focal headphones, Naim wireless speaker replicate Bentley's high-quality in-car sound - AutomotiveMap ›
- World famous Bentley Mulliner customer commissions bespoke flying sleigh upgrade - AutomotiveMap ›
- Bentley's making just 15 Pikes Peak Continental GT by Mulliner models and they're sold out - AutomotiveMap ›
- 2022 Bentley Continental GT Speed debuts as company's most performance-focused car ever - AutomotiveMap ›
- Breitling Premier B21 Chronograph Tourbillon 42 Bentley Limited Edition exudes 40s glamour - AutomotiveMap ›
- Performance-optimized 2022 Bentley Continental GT Speed Convertible revealed - AutomotiveMap ›
- Rag top days: Best convertibles for 2021 - AutomotiveMap ›