Barrett-Jackson auctioning 40 vehicles from North Texas collector Sam Pack this week
The gavel is already going. This week in Arizona, Barrett-Jackson will be auctioning off 40 vehicles from North Texas collector Sam Pack during its 49th annual Scottsdale Auction. All of the models are offered at No Reserve.
"Sam Pack has been part of the Barrett-Jackson scene for many years, so we are pleased with the opportunity to help him rotate some of his remarkable collection," said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. "The vehicles offered by Sam are an excellent representation of the diversity and quality that bidders have come to expect from Barrett-Jackson. Sam's collection, without a doubt, is a true celebration of our shared passion for automobiles."
This Jaguar is one of many from Sam Pack's collection that will be auctioned off this week.Photo courtesy of Barrett-Jackson
Pack is a Dallas-area Ford dealer who has collected over 400 models in his lifetime. In 2014 he put more than 130 models from his collection up for sale.
Among the models Pack is bringing to auction are a 1952 Jaguar XK120 Fixed-Head Coupe that is powered by a 160hp DOHC 3.4-liter inline six-cylinder engine with double SU carburetors mated to a four-speed manual gearbox. But that's not the only Jaguar.
Lot #1390.1 is an unrestored, matching-numbers 1964 Jaguar XKE Series I OTS that comes with the Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust Certificate. With less than 30,000 miles, this Opalescent Silver-Gray Jaguar is powered by its original 3.8-liter DOHC straight six-cylinder engine and a four-speed manual transmission.
Lot #1077.1 is a1952 Jaguar XK120 Fixed-Head Coupe that is powered by a 160-horsepower DOHC 3.4-liter inline six-cylinder engine with double SU carburetors mated to a four-speed manual gearbox.
This handbuilt Kirkham roadster is finished in copper.Photo courtesy of Barrett-Jackson
Lot #1077 is a 1954 Jaguar XK120 Drophead Coupe powered by a 3.4-liter DOHC inline six-cylinder engine coupled to a four-speed manual transmission. This red Jag is one of 1,472 left-hand-drive models, and one of 466 produced with the Special Equipment Package.
There's also a trio of hand-built Kirkham Cobras, which are crafted from polished aluminum, copper and bronze.
Lot #1389.2 is a 1965 Shelby Cobra CSX 7000 finished in polished aluminum. This Continuation Cobra, designated as CSX7049, was built to replicate the original and is powered by a 427ci V8 engine that is paired with a five-speed manual transmission.
Also headed across the block are a 1932 Ford Roadster nicknamed "Passion." Handcrafted by The Roadster Shop, the model is powered by a fuel-injected ZZ4 350ci crate engine that is paired with a TREMEC five-speed manual and onto a Ford 9-inch rear end.
This 1932 Ford Custom Roadster is nicknamed "Passion."Photo courtesy of Barrett-Jackson
"Sam Pack has built an incredible collection featuring multiple crown jewels that are coveted among collectors," said Steve Davis, president of Barrett-Jackson. "His 1989 Porsche 911 speedster (Lot #1390), for example, is one of only 823 delivered to this country and has just over 1,300 original miles. The depth and breadth of this collection is truly remarkable, and we're proud to have been trusted with its sale during our Scottsdale Auction."
Other models up for sale from Pack's collection include:
- 1978 Rolls-Royce Corniche convertible (Lot #808) with only 3,591 original miles
- 2008 Porsche Cayman S Custom Coupe (Lot #807.1)
- 1957 Ford Thunderbird Custom Convertible (Lot #1080) – Powered by a Sean Hyland-built DOHC V8 engine topped with a Kenne Bell supercharger producing 550 horsepower
- 1932 Ford Roadster Limited Edition (Lot #1080.1) – Built to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the "Deuce Coupe"
- 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible (Lot #1081) – Finished in red over a white interior with a tan soft-top, this Bel Air rides on a set of wire wheels clad in whitewall tires
- 1966 Ford GT40 Re-Creation (Lot #1079) – Built to replicate the all-conquering 1966 Ford GT40, this CAV GT re-creation is based on the MK1 GT40
- 1940 Pontiac Custom Convertible (Lot #1078.1) – Known as "Decadence" and built by customizer Rick Dore, this Pontiac hot rod is powered by a 350ci V8 engine mated to a Jet Performance automatic transmission
Click here for a complete listing of the Sam Pack Collection.
- Honda celebrates 60 years in the U.S. with 15 builds at SEMA ... ›
- First 2020 Chevy Corvette, 2021 Lexus LC 500 Convertible to cross ... ›
- 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 VIN 001 featured at Barrett ... ›
- These are the best cars available at Silverstone Auctions Live - AutomotiveMap ›
- Barrett-Jackson puts five iconic cars through the Carvana spinner - AutomotiveMap ›
- Dates, hours, lots, ticket info for Barrett-Jackson Houston 2021 - AutomotiveMap ›