Such a Tease
Ram begins teasing Ford Raptor rival 1500 TRX pickup truck ahead of reveal
The Ram 1500 TRX is nearly ready to take on the Ford F-150 Raptor. Ram is set to unveil the hotly-anticipated truck later this year. Ahead of its debut, Ram has released its first official teaser video for the model.
Before it was confirmed as a production model, the Ram 1500 TRX started its public design life as the 2016 Ram 1500 TRX Rebel Concept. At the time, Ram described the concept as, "a 100-mph off-road machine with 575 horsepower – the most powerful half-ton truck the company has ever built."
Reports indicate that the truck will come to market with over 700 horsepower that will come from FCA's Hellcat engine, a supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI V8. That's the same engine that is the Dodge Charger and Challenger variants as well as Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. The engine will be paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Additional information about what we already know about the truck can be found here.
The Ram 1500 TRX's biggest competition is still being developed. The next-gen Ford F-150, which debuted this week, will have a Raptor variant (AutomotiveMap was the first to report the news). The model, which could possibly come with the same V8 engine that is in the 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, is still a little down the road, however.
That would appear to give the late summer date Ram is advertising for the 1500 TRX a good jump.
- 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Southwest Edition to be sold exclusively in ... ›
- Leaked Ram 1500 TRX info reveals Ford Raptor-fighter capability ... ›
- Here's everything we know about the 2022 Ram Rebel TRX ... ›
- 2021 Ram 1500 TRX is the quickest, fastest, most powerful mass-produced pickup ever made - AutomotiveMap ›
- 8 Things you should be most hyped about in the 2021 Ram 1500 TRX - AutomotiveMap ›