Such a Tease
Limited edition 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing will have carbon fiber seats
Cadillac continues to tease its long-awaited Blackwing sedans. The company is using the Blackwing monknier to designate their top-performing models of the CT4 and CT5.
Those models will also wear the "V' designation and be given the full name Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing and CT4-V Blackwing. They will both be 2022 model year vehicles.
Cadillac has slowly been leaking out details of the models, even as the market moves away from sedan sales. We know now know that Cadillac CT-5 Blackwing will feature racing inspired seats. According to the automaker, "The carbon fiber seat back will feature a precision book-matched design and laser-etched V-Series logo. The seats will also include other customer-centric innovations and features that will be announced at a later date."
Cadillac also confirmed that the model is a limited edition.
We already have seen a picture of the cars' interior. That photo showed a new performance steering wheel that is crafted with leather and cut-and-sewn stitching. It features a 12 o'clock red racing stripe, carbon fiber trim, and a V-Series emblem. That emblem is designed to envoke nostalgia for Cadillac's championship-winning heritage on the track. Cadillac has designed the wheel with driver ergonomics as a priority.
The new models will feature V-Mode and a Performance Traction Management system that can be accessed on the left- and right-hand side of the wheel, respectively.
Additional buttons on the steering wheel are more typical to the General Motors lineup. They feature heated steering wheel, follow distance, cruise control, phone call/Bluetooth, and volume controls.
Each V-Series Blackwing model will feature a specially tuned chassis, vehicle control technologies, and engines. The models will be offered with a manual transmission.
The CT5-V Blackwing will be available starting in summer 2021. Expect pricing to be around the $60,000 mark.
- Cadillac teases 2022 CT5-V Blackwing, CT4-V Blackwing, says they ... ›
- New high-performance Cadillac sedans to wear Blackwing badging ... ›
- Cadillac using 3D printing to bring manual transmission to upcoming Blackwing sports cars - AutomotiveMap ›
- Cadillac revealing new V-Series Blackwing sports cars on February 1, releases teaser video - AutomotiveMap ›
- 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing, CT4-V Blackwing bow as the most track-capable Caddies ever - AutomotiveMap ›
- Barrett-Jackson to auction first Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing, CT4-V Blackwing for charity - AutomotiveMap ›
- First 2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing, CT5-V Blackwing go for $430,000 at auction - AutomotiveMap ›