The Price Is Right
Refreshed 2021 Volkswagen Atlas to start at the same price as 2020 model
The refreshed 2021 Volkswagen Atlas will start at $31,545, the same price as the 2020 model, despite a number of enhancements. The new model is also three inches longer than the previous edition though that doesn't translate into any more passenger space.
Volkswagen's 2021 Atlas features new front and rear bumper styling, headlight and taillight designs with standard LED lighting, and a new grille that is similar to what is on the 2021 Volkswagen Atlas Cross.
Buyers can get the Atlas in two powertrains: a 276-hp V6 and a 235-hp 2.0-liter turbo-four. Both engines are paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission. All-wheel drive is available with either engine. Previously, all-wheel drive was not available with the 2.0-liter engine.
Upgrades to the interior include a new steering wheel, available contrast stitching on leather seating surfaces and door trim, and an 8-inch infotainment screen on all models except the base S trim. All 2020 Atlas Cross models have next-gen Car-Net telematics and a Wi-Fi hot spot.
Forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking with pedestrian monitoring, blind spot monitor, and rear traffic alert are standard on all models.
Click here to see the full trim level feature list breakdown.
The 2021 Volkswagen Atlas will be available in eight trim levels and is expected to begin arriving at Volkswagen dealers the spring.
- Volkswagen's "R" gets a new logo starting with 2020 Atlas Cross Sport ›
- Volkswagen at 70: Do you remember these models? - AutomotiveMap ›
- Refreshed Volkswagen Atlas gets bolder design, interior upgrades ... ›
- 10 Accessories that turn your Volkswagen Atlas into a road trip warrior - AutomotiveMap ›
- Volkswagen ID.4's cabin offers 'flowing, lightweight design' - AutomotiveMap ›
- New Volkswagen SUV to be called Taos in specific appeal to American buyers - AutomotiveMap ›