2021 Ram 1500 gets new, low-cost Snow Plow Prep package
Ram is adding a new Snow Plow Prep package to the offerings list of the Ram 1500 pickup truck for the 2021 model year. This fills a hole in the automaker's lineup, fulfilling a customer need that was able to be met by other brands' regard duty trucks.
"As part of Ram's commitment to continuous improvement within the segment, we now offer a Snow Plow Prep package for Ram 1500 customers," said Reid Bigland, Head of Ram Brand. "Ram has taken a larger presence in the commercial vehicle market, and this offering is the latest expansion of our hard-working trucks."
The plow is sold seperately.Photo courtesy of Ram
The new Ram 1500 Snow Plow Prep option is available for $195 and includes a 220-amp alternator, truck-side plow wiring harness and a rear power sliding window with defroster. The active air dam is removed when this option is selected to make way for plow mounts.
This new package is available on 2021 Ram 1500 Tradesman, Big Horn and Laramie 4x4 models that are equipped with the 5.7-liter HEMI V8, 5.7-liter HEMI eTorque V8, or 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V6 engine.
The plow, mounts and controller are all sold separately and are available through several manufacturers.
The Ram 1500 Snow Plow Prep package will be available later this year.
- These are the best vehicle brands according to U.S. News & World ... ›
- Big and beefy 2020 Ram HD wins with tech and torque, but not towing ›
- Ram begins production of second round of Built to Serve Edition military-themed trucks - AutomotiveMap ›
- Leaked Ram 1500 TRX info reveals Ford Raptor-fighter capability, Hellcat engine - AutomotiveMap ›
- Ram expands 1500, Heavy Duty Limited lineup with Night Editions for 2021 - AutomotiveMap ›
- Mopar now offering retractable center-mounted bed step for Ram 1500 - AutomotiveMap ›
- 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Review: The best parts of this truck are not under the hood - AutomotiveMap ›
- FCA CEO confirms that an all-electric Ram pickup is on the way - AutomotiveMap ›