New Model News
Redesigned 2021 MINI Cooper Countryman features a refined exterior, additional exterior options
MINI has given the Cooper Countryman a facelift for the 2021 model year refining the subcompact crossover's space, functionality, and ride comfort. The model will be available later this year.
In the US, the MINI Cooper Countryman remains one of the brand's most popular models, accounting for close to 40 percent of all MINIs sold in 2019.
The car gets a new grille with a chrome frame and standard LED headlights and fog lights up front, newly designed front and rear bumper coverings, now entirely in body finish, lend a more refined appearance. The radiator grill of the MINI Cooper S Countryman has a bold hexagonal grid pattern with a red "S" and a single chrome strut.
MINI has given the model a fresh front and rear look.Photo courtesy of MINI
In the back are LED rear lights in a Union Jack design and a fresh bumper design. MINI will offer the model with an available Piano Black exterior trim joining the new White Silver metallic and Sage Green metallic paint jobs. The model will ride on standard 17-inch light alloy wheels. Buyers can opt for 17-inch light alloy wheels in Channel Spoke Black design or 19-inch light alloy Turnstile Spoke two-tone wheels.
The Countryman will continue to be offered in a variety of models from the plug-in hybrid MINI Cooper SE Countryman ALL4 to the high performance MINI John Cooper Works Countryman ALL4. The base Cooper Countryman will still come with a turbocharged 1.5-liter three-cylinder engine under the hood that generates 134 horsepower.
The next tier up, the Cooper S Countryman gets the same engine, tuned to put out 189 horsepower. The John Cooper Works model, with its standard all-wheel drive, has a 301-horsepower version of the power plant. All-wheel drive is available on the other two vehicles.
AN electrified version of the powertrain is available in the Cooper SE Countryman. It pairs a 1.5-liter engine with a 7.6-kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery and an electric motor. The plug-in hybrid model has 17 miles of all-electric range.
The interior of the model has been given a facelift, just like the exterior of the car.Photo courtesy of MINI
The cabin of the car features a new cockpit display with an available 5-inch color screen. MINI is offering the 2021 Countryman with a new list of leather trim and interior surfaces. MINI is offering a new option for the Yours Interior Style package - Shaded Silver.
MINI offers the vehicle with new Chesterfield Indigo Blue and Chesterfield Matt Brown leather in addition to the 2020 model year roster of upholstery colors and finishes.
The MINI Cooper S Countryman and MINI Cooper SE Countryman ALL4 models now come as standard with Piano Black interior surfaces for the cockpit and door bezels. These are combined with accent strips in the variant British Oak dark.
At the center is an 8.8-inch touch screen. Signature and Iconic trim levels have navigation. MINI has refined the look of the audio control panel, buttons for hazard lights, and driver assistance systems. Amazon Alexa integration is available.
There's an 8.8-inch touch screen in the middle of the car.Photo courtesy of MINI
For the new model, there is a longer list of available MINI accessories from the manufacturer. The selection ranges from a roof box, molded luggage compartment mats and all-weather floor mats, to individual MINI LED door projectors from the MINI Yours Customized program, and of course, John Cooper Works performance products designed for extreme driving fun.
The 2021 MINI Countryman is expected to arrive in U.S. showrooms later this summer. Pricing will be available closer to the model's on-sale date.
- These 24 automobile nameplates are over 40 years old (one is over ... ›
- 2021 MINI John Cooper Works GP is full of MINImalism, delivers a ... ›
- Updated 2021 MINI Countryman John Cooper Works retains spirited drive, gets new features - AutomotiveMap ›
- New MINI Paddy Hopkirk Edition takes inspiration from 1964 Monte Carlo Rally - AutomotiveMap ›
- New MINI special editions pay tribute to model from '69, offer a value proposition - AutomotiveMap ›
- MINI outlines its plans for new models, including EVs - AutomotiveMap ›
- 2022 MINI Cooper: Features, Specs, Price, MSRP - AutomotiveMap ›
- 2022 MINI Countryman Boardwalk Edition inspired by the sea, coming in April - AutomotiveMap ›
- Meet the MINI Electric Pacesetter, an EV inspired by John Cooper Works racing history - AutomotiveMap ›
- 2022 MINI John Cooper Works: features, specs, MSRP - AutomotiveMap ›
- Refreshed, all-electric 2022 Mini Cooper SE makes its debut - AutomotiveMap ›