New Model New
2021 Hyundai Sonata gets minor modifications for new model year
One year after a complete redesign, most models stay relatively the same for another year. The Hyundai Sonata isn't bucking the trend.
The 2021 Hyundai Sonata will now be available with 19-inch alloy wheels, Safe Exit Warning and a six-way power-adjustable passenger seat. The wheels come wrapped in 245/40 R19 Pirelli P Zero tires, which deliver all-season traction control. The tires are designed with a variable size tread pattern to minimize noise inside the cabin of the Sonata SEL Plus. Several features have been implemented in the tires to compact aquaplaning including circumferential grooves and lateral sipping.
Hyundai will now offer the model with Pirelli tire.Photo courtesy of Hyundai Motor America
Safe Exit Assist has been added to Sonata SEL, SEL Plus, and LImited trim levels. It uses existing blind spot monitoring technology to warn the driver and passengers if oncoming traffic is detected while the car is parallel parked. The audible and pop up messaging (in the instrument cluster “Watch for Traffic" is displayed) in an effort to prevent back-seat passengers from stepping out into traffic, and possibly harm's way.
"The 19-inch wheels and tires make a beautiful looking car look and perform even better," said Scott Margason, director of product planning, Hyundai Motor North America. "After listening to our early 2020 Sonata buyers, we were quickly able to add power height adjustment to the passenger seat on the Limited trim. In addition, across the lineup we've added Safe Exit Warning that gives drivers a second set of eyes to let them know if it's safe to open the doors on the driver's side of the vehicle when parallel parked on a busy city street."
Hyundai will continue to offer the same engine, powertrain, and features options for buyers. Each model will be backed by the company's extended warranty and come with the Hyundai Complimentary Maintenance program, which includes oil and filter changes plus tire rotation at normal factory-scheduled intervals for 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first.
Hyundai will begin selling the 2021 Sonata at dealerships this August.
- Redesigned 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid delivers 52 mpg, has ... ›
- First Drive Review: Next-Gen 2020 Hyundai Sonata sings a high ... ›
- 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid starts at $27,750, comes in three trim ... ›
- 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Review: Comfort, efficiency, and storage space make it a winner - AutomotiveMap ›
- Performance-focused 2021 Hyundai Sonata N Line starts in the mid-30,000s - AutomotiveMap ›
- 96% of Hyundai vehicles for sale in the U.S. offer standard automatic emergency braking - AutomotiveMap ›
- First Drive Review: 2021 Hyundai Sonata N Line is a pointed pistol, but for whom? - AutomotiveMap ›