New Model News
2021 Hyundai Kona Night Edition gets expected features, limited quantities available
The 2021 Hyundai Kona Night Edition delivers exactly what you’d think you’d get from a blacked out version of the subcompact crossover. The special edition model has received changes in and out as part of this limited time offering.
Buyers will get a Kona equipped with LED headlights and taillights as well as gloss black accents on the interior and exterior including the mirror caps and door handles,. The model was already equipped with black headlight bezels, window surrounds, and cladding.
The SUV rides on standard 18-inch rays semi-gloss black alloy wheels.
Hyundai will sell the model with the buyer’s choice of a Glactic Gray, Ultra Black, or Chalk White paint job.
Only one powertrain will be available in the model, a turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder that is connected to a seven-speed dual clutch transmission. In the traditional version of the Kona, this same power plant achieves 175 horsepower. It’s considered an upgrade over the 147-horsepower 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine in the base model.
The Kona Night Edition’s interior gets a more complete blackout treatment with black upholstery and door handles. In front of the driver are aluminum alloy sport pedals.
Dealerships will have the models available in September. Hyundai has not detailed exactly how many of the models they will make or how much they will cost.
The Kona is the second model to get announced appearance upgrades this month. The 2021 Hyundai Palisade three-row SUV will be getting a new top trim level - Calligraphy. The automaker also shuffled the trim level offerings for 2021 giving buyers more bang for their buck.
- Hyundai launches self-driving on-demand ride-sharing pilot service ... ›
- Hyundai partnering with Thule to sell accessories at US dealerships ›
- Hyundai Kona Electric wins Norwegian cold weather range test ... ›
- 2022 Hyundai Kona gets new sleek design, Kona N Line debuts - AutomotiveMap ›
- 2021 Hyundai Elantra lineup starts at $19,650, performance-focused N Line is under $25,000 - AutomotiveMap ›
- 2022 Hyundai Kona N teased ahead of early 2021 debut - AutomotiveMap ›