New Model News
Track-focused 2021 Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition making its way across the pond
The new 2021 Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition is coming to America. this fresh track-focused variant of the Honda Civic is built in Swindon, England alongside other Civic Type Rs, but is lighter and faster than the other models.
The Type R Limited Edition will feature all the updates the 2020 Honda Civic Type R received plus, it has been modified including the addition of forged aluminum BBS wheels, specially tuning the dampers, and recalibrating the steering for better control and feedback. The wheels alone are an 18-pound weight reduction. An additional 28 pounds of weight has been saved by reducing the amount of sound deadening insulation in the car.
The car comes in just one paint color: Phoenix Yellow.Photo courtesy of American Honda Motor Co., Inc
The Type R Limited Edition will be limited in paint jobs to just one: Phoenix Yellow. It also has a black gloss roof, outside mirror cabs, and intake vent on the hood. The Civic badge on the rear hatch is dark chrome.
All models feature an individually numbered serial plate denoting the vehicle's original country of sale.
Each Limited Edition model has same 2.0-liter turbo-four under the hood that puts out 306 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque. It also has a six-speed manual and a limited-slip differential. Drivers can opt for Comfort, Sport, or +R drive modes.
Manufacturer's Suggested Pricing for the 2021 Civic Type R Limited Edition will be made available closer to its launch.
- Honda celebrates 60 years in the U.S. with 15 builds at SEMA ... ›
- $89,900 race-ready Honda Civic Type R TC enters the ring for 2020 ... ›
- 2020 Honda Civic Type-R gets revised suspension, new brakes ... ›
- Honda Civic Type R breaks Suzuka track record - AutomotiveMap ›
- Here's how to win the 2021 Civic Type R Limited Edition Serial Plate 001 - AutomotiveMap ›
- 2022 Honda Civic Sedan fully revealed with fresh looks, same engines - AutomotiveMap ›