2021 Chevrolet Silverado gaining GMC’s MultiPro Tailgate under a new name
Buyers love the GMC Sierra’s MultiPro Tailgate so it was only a matter of time before General Motors brought it over to the Chevrolet Silverado. That time has arrived.
Chevy will introduce the six-way tailgate on the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado at the end of the year. Instead of being known as the MultiPro Tailgate, the feature will be rebranded and called the Multi-Flex Tailgate. Yes, with the hyphen and everything.
The Chevrolet version of the tailgate really isn’t much different than the GMC version. The biggest difference is that it wears bow tie badging.
It’s functionality includes:
- Primary gate — opens from the key fob, from inside the truck or via a button on the gate.
- Primary gate load stop — helps prevent items from sliding out of the box.
- Easy access — the inner gate folds down, allowing a deeper reach into the box.
- Full-width step — the inner gate folds into a large step for easy access and holds up to 375 pounds.
- Inner gate load stop — helps prevent second-tier items from sliding out of the box.
- Inner gate with work surface — when opened, provides a work surface as well as second-tier loading.
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado is slated to go on sale later this year.