Cadillac taps Oscar-winning actress, director Regina King to produce new ad campaign
Regina King has starred alongside Hollywood heavyweights Jamie Foxx and Kiefer Sutherland. Now, she's teaming up with other weighty Hollywood-ready character, the 2021 Cadillac Escalade. She will introduce Cadillac's new "Make Your Way" ad campaign this Sunday during ABC's presentation of the 92nd Academy Awards.
Scroll down to see the commercial ahead of its broadcast.
As described by Cadillac, "King will tell the 'Make Your Way' story of success achieved through boundary-pushing strength and determination in a special spot with the all-new 2021 Cadillac Escalade, which was introduced Feb. 4 in Hollywood."
King will help introduce the Escalade to the public during the Academy Awards broadcast.Photo courtesy of Cadillac
"Cadillac has always represented success…there's a swagger, a sexiness, to the vehicles. There's also a realness and a sense of ambition that I identify with. Through sheer perseverance, I've found my way through doors some never thought possible. There's a real connection for me with Cadillac, and that is why I wanted to get involved," said King.
Two additional Cadillac commercials, "No Barriers" and "Finish Line," will air during the Oscars broadcast, each highlighting Cadillac's new vehicle lineup, which includes the new XT6 SUV and CT5 and CT4 sedans, while celebrating the grit of those who make their own way to success.
"Cadillac is inspired by those who have a passion for what's next," said Melissa Grady, Cadillac chief marketing officer. "They make their way by going through obstacles, not around them. Such unwavering self-determination pushes them to succeed and inspires others to do the same. That's the heart of 'Make Your Way' and the soul of Cadillac."
This is the seventh time Cadillac has been part of the Academy Awards broadcasts, which is second only to the Super Bowl in global viewership.
- 2021 Cadillac Escalade to feature first curved OLED screen in auto ... ›
- Oscar-winning auteur Spike Lee to introduce 2021 Cadillac ... ›
- Cadillac Live interactive digital showroom launches in five U.S. ... ›
- Watch: Bus made famous by "Into the Wild" removed from Alaskan wilderness via helicopter - AutomotiveMap ›
- Cadillac ups its -iq, confirming alphanumeric nomenclature is ending - AutomotiveMap ›
- Like the Chevrolet Corvette, the 2023 Cadillac Lyriq will start under $60,000 - AutomotiveMap ›
- Remember these? 10 best Nissan Heisman House commercials - AutomotiveMap ›