Super Bowl LIV
Watch: This is the extended cut of Porsche's 'The Heist' Super Bowl ad
Some of the most famous car chases in cinematic history belong to "The Italian Job," ""Bullitt", "Gone in 60 Seconds", and "Smokey and the Bandit". Porsche's commercial, airing during Super Bowl LIV, features a car chase featuring Porsche models past and present, with elements of these classic chases thrown in.
The commercial was shot in various locations across Germany in November 2019 including Heidelberg, Heppenheim, the Black Forest and Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen. The Porsche Museum, where the chase and commercial begins, is the home of some of the company's most prized models. The commercial features models out of that collection including a 917 K racing car, the 918 Spyder hybrid super sports car, and the Porsche 911. The cars were modified for use in the commercial.
"The Super Bowl is famous as a TV event far beyond North America and it represents a perfect platform to reach new fans. Our commercial links many elements that make up Porsche: sportiness, emotion, and also a touch of humour, something that is typical for how we communicate in general," said Oliver Hoffmann, Director Marketing Communications at Porsche.
This is Porsche's first foray into Super Bowl advertising this century. Their last Big Game commercial was 25 years ago.
The extended cut is 2:31 long. A one-minute version of the commercial will play during the Super Bowl.
- Porsche introduces new 718 Cayman and Boxster GTS 4.0 models ... ›
- Porsche rolls out 2020 Macan GTS, a new option for buyers looking ... ›
- Do you know the stories behind these 5 historic Porsche 917 liveries ... ›
- Porsche to offer entry-level subscription program, expanding available locales - AutomotiveMap ›
- Porsche Design Acer Book RS comes with carbon fiber cover, fast-charging capability - AutomotiveMap ›
- Deliciously drivable Snake Pass is England's Hell's Canyon Road - AutomotiveMap ›