New Model News
2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Southwest Edition to be sold exclusively in Texas, surrounding states
Texas is the full-size pickup truck capital of the U.S. and Ram's new luxury trim level is aimed right at the heart of Lone Star State buyers. The 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Southwest Edition will be sold exclusively in Texas and neighboring states.
"For nearly 20 years, Ram has recognized that Texas and America's Southwest are the center of the truck universe," said Mike Koval,Ad Interim Head of Ram Brand, FCA - North America. "Ram was the first manufacturer to offer a Texas-exclusive model, and the Lone Star edition remains our most popular truck in Texas. Our new Ram Laramie Southwest Edition adds the segment's best combination of performance, capability, luxury and technology."
The truck comes standard with power side steps that fold away when the vehicle is parked.Photo courtesy of FCA US LLC
The Laramie Southwest Edition features body-colored bumpers, mirrors, and grille surround. There are chrome highlights, including tow hooks, grille inserts, body side moldings, and polished 20-inch wheels. Included power side steps fold out of the way when the truck is parked or driving.
The truck comes loaded with a 12-inch infotainment touch screen, dual-pane panoramic sunroof, electric trailer brake control, automatic high beam headlights, blind-spot monitoring and cross-path detection, front and rear park assist, remote tailgate release, and rain-sensitive wipers.
Buyers can choose from bench or bucket seats. All Ram 1500 Laramie Southwest Editions are delivered with a heavy-duty Mopar locking console when the bucket seat option is selected.
The 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Southwest Edition is available in all powertrain options. Buyers can choose Quad and Crew Cab body configurations and 5 ft.-7 in. (Crew only) or 6 ft.-4-in. bed lengths.
The interior of the new truck is as posh as Ram's most luxurious 1500 model, with special design nods to the Southwest, like light colored leather that doesn't soak up the heat from the hot sun.Photo courtesy of FCA US LLC
Ram 1500 Laramie Southwest Edition's Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) starts at $45,380, plus $1,695 destination.
It will go on sale in the second quarter of 2020.
- Ram introduces new military-inspired 'Built to Serve Edition' trucks ... ›
- Ram announces new blacked out 1500 and HD trucks at Texas ... ›
- Leaked Ram 1500 TRX info reveals Ford Raptor-fighter capability ... ›
- Ram begins teasing Ford Raptor rival 1500 TRX pickup truck ahead of reveal - AutomotiveMap ›
- Plan on these changes to trucks from Ford, GM, and others in the second half of 2020 - AutomotiveMap ›
- Mopar now offering retractable center-mounted bed step for Ram 1500 - AutomotiveMap ›
- 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Review: The best parts of this truck are not under the hood - AutomotiveMap ›